The Way of Generations

ByTZ

Copyright February 24, 2022

 


Legal Disclaimers:
Characters and backstory from Xena: Warrior Princess are the property of Renaissance/MCA/Studios USA. Some of this probably belongs to DC and whoever else. No copyright infringement is intended.

This is an original work of alternative fan fiction. No profit will be gained from its production. It was written for entertainment purposes only. This piece of fiction is copyright of the author.

Content Disclaimers:
If you are not of legal age to read the following or it is illegal where you live, then please exit this page.

Romantic love between consenting adult women, graphic sexual love between consenting adult women.

Author's Notes: 
It is time for another Festival of Life. Here is another ten year jump to begin with. Not really focused on sex this time, but I never know where my muse is going.
So, I'll just put a maybe in there. Hmm...a big maybe. The Amazons are at an outdoor Lesbian bar. Who knows.
Okay. After repeated proof reads...WOW! Be careful where and with whom you read. That Amazon Queen knows how to exercise her influence.
It may be that my muse has been nippin on some E.

Continued from The Way of the Elders

 


 

 The Way of Generations

Larin sat on her horse Malain, holding the reins lazily until she saw the blonde for whom she was waiting. She tightened the reins on her hand and scowled. Her lips tightened before asking, "What happened to your hair?" She stopped her horse when they caught up to each other. Offering the other woman an arm to brining her up to sit behind her, she said as she turned her head to look behind her, "You look good with short hair, but even better with it long."

She felt Halryan's breasts shift against her back with a shrug. "My brother said it was too pretty for boys. They wouldn't stop bothering me. He said that we couldn't afford a brat."

Larin wiped a hand over her smile. "He has no idea that you like girls."

"He would kill me if he knew. He hates that I spend so much time with the Amazons."

When they first became friends, Hally finally did answer Ephiny's questions. Her family had moved to Lesbos to avoid the Athenians. Her brother had wanted to steer clear of conscription. They used to have a shop in Terlava and had opened another in Mytilene when they arrived.

Larin patted the arms wrapped around her. "He won't. He relies too much on you to run your family's shop. Maybe he should find a woman." She paused as she looked at the eastern sky. "If he can find one that will put up with his small mind."

Having been friends with Larin for so long, she looked up, too. "Dedication tonight?"

Larin made a decision. "Yes, and you are staying this time."

"I did attend one time," Halryan justified.

The Princess stopped and turned her torso to look at her companion again. "That was years ago and you left, thanks to my mom giving you a ride home."

"I got tired," Halryan explained with sad eyes.

"Well, you better be rested up, Hally. Tonight, you are dancing with the Amazons."

The shopkeeper wanted to dance with only one. Her hazel gaze softened as she thought of breathing in the scents of the woman in front of her.

When they began their slow ride to Artepolis, Hally asked, "How are your moms?" She wasn't sure how long small talk would hold Larin's interest.

"All three are good. They are a little stressed about the Festival of Life."

"Why?"

"Because I have to find a man or a way to get pregnant."

"Just you?" Hally pressed her cheek against Larin's arm, so could see her face. "What about your sisters?"

"Them, too, if they choose to."

She remembered the story of how Queen Gabrielle got pregnant with Larin. She loved the fact that the princess did not press that fact to make her look bigger, or even that she was a princess. She loved that and she loved her friend. "I'll help you. We just need to think and find a way." Hally hugged her friend to support her necessary ritual task.

"There is only one month left until the Festival."

Hally returned to her position and leaned her forehead against Larin's back as she thought. She spoke as bluntly as she could when she asked, "Do you already have an idea of a man to go see?"

The princess wrapped a hand over Hally's arm. "I've thought of one, but I need to send a message and travel to Corinth. Here's hoping that he even shows up and wants to help."

"I'll go with you."

"You'll be gone from Mytilene for a long time."

"Do you like him," Hally asked as she nervously bit her lip, thinking of Larin sleeping with a man.

"He is a good man. My moms all like him, but I want to surprise them."

Hally nodded. "Well I trust you, so first the bird then the festival tonight. I won't tell them, I promise. And I will stay and dance."

Larin smiled and heeled Malain to speed up so they could get their plans started.


Gabrielle sat next to Wolf on a flat stone. They were looking at Xena talking to the lead stonemason, pointing at their progress, which was keeping a good pace. The Queen's rough drawing of her administrative building was beautifully drawn by one of their craftswomen. The stones gathered and shaped for so long were being used for the Capital's purpose.

The city name itself was not chosen until all of the huts and work buildings had been finished nine years before. Couriers had gone to Mytilene for several casks of ouzo to celebrate the dedication of Artepolis.

The naming was Zasha's making, since her moms talked nonstop about it during training, meals and hunting. She was surprised that any of their children were named before their first monthly cycles.

When Xena finished talking, Gabrielle and Wolf stood. Both lifted their heads so the Consort could press her forehead against theirs.

Gabrielle slipped her arm inside of her wife's elbow. "Everything is almost ready for the dedication tonight."

"A lot of fawns have been born the last few years," Wolf said as she thought about the hunt. "We should have success tomorrow."

The Queen slipped her other arm onto her lover's elbow. "Are you wearing your armor tonight?"

"What do you prefer?"

The Queen smiled as she easily replied, "No armor."

Wolf raised her eyes to grin at Xena. She showed Gabrielle her flat palm and bowed. "What the Queen wants, the Queen gets."

"You might want to leave your breast blades at our hut," Xena advised. "You know Gabrielle hugs tight when she drinks." The Consort still scratched at where her breast dagger had cut her after one of Gabrielle's enthusiastic hugs.

Wolf turned the queen's face to give her a deep kiss. "That's not the only thing she does when drinking." She gave her another quick kiss as they reached the firewood pier.

While looking at the wood, Gabrielle saw Larin and Hally riding into the square. She pulled her arms loose to quickly approach them. She hugged them both. She looked at Hally and kissed her cheek while asking, "Did Larin invite you to tonight's Dedication?"

Hally nodded. "And I promised her that I would stay this time."

The queen kissed her daughter. She was waiting to see what the night would bring.


Larin kissed her mom again before she and Hally led Malain to the pasture and then went to the stable. Hally sat on a bale of hay to watch the princess write her small note. When finished it was rolled to attach to her bird. She opened a window to set it free. She prayed to Hermes that the bird would reach Arna. Hopefully, once the note was read, a courier would be able to find her chosen man. Hopefully he could then meet them at the tavern mentioned in the note.

Larin looked around to verify their privacy before asking, "For the trip, would you like to borrow some travel clothes or do you want to go home and get your own?"

The blonde shook her head at the second option. Hally said, as she put a palm on Larin's arm, "I'll borrow. I don't want to risk losing my chance to travel to Corinth with you."

Raising the hand from her arm, the Princess smiled and verified that she would lend. Her focused look softened, getting lost in the fresh and bright happiness of Hally's eyes. She had to find clothes that would fit the shorter woman. She sat next to her friend on the bale and put an arm around her. She sighed when Hally laid her head on her shoulder. They sat quietly, thinking their own thoughts.

Larin lowered her head when the dinner bell rang. She announced that the Dedication was just beginning. She offered Hally a hand to assist her to her feet. "Time to feast before we dance." She grasped Hally's hand again before exiting the stable. She raised it to her chin and asked, "You are staying all night, right?"

The blonde nodded with widened eyes and added, "Yes, and dancing. You'll need to teach me, though." Since the princess had successfully taught her to read, Hally had confidence with any lessons.

Larin quickly kissed the hand on her chin.

The kiss that Larin gave her hand left her speechless. It was like walking on a cloud, going to the dining hall. Her thoughts were lost within the heavy love for her friend.

When they entered the hall, Larin led her to the table with empty trays. They got their dinnerware then filled their plates and cups. They both found room at the royal table. They continued thinking while eating. After finishing dinner and taking a sip of water, Hally praised the lamb done so well. All of the Amazons raised their cups to Raemi and a great beginning to the Dedication and Hunt.

Ephiny entered the hut with her hand raised. She announced that the bonfire was started with the fading light and opened a skin of wine. With a hall-full cheer, the Regent called a start to the night. She waited just a second for Solari to join her. Half went out to begin celebrating. Half cleaned up the hut.

Outside, Eponin gave Roesta a hand to be seated. With a broken leg still healing, she sat to watch the dancing. Kendra and Laera joined her with kisses and a wineskin. "You aren't going to jump off those boulders any more."

Roesta laughed as the Regent, married not long ago, swept her bride into her arms. They began dancing with the women at the fire. It was a tribal hunting dance. Their movements were fierce and then, suddenly still. A cry from the back started the movements again. The dance crowd grew large and fast.

Hally stood quietly to the side. She watch with wide eyes, full of curiousity. Larin danced with a passion never seen before. She considered it a possible choice, wanting to be an Amazon.

The royal family stood at the shopkeeper's side. They were close enough that she could hear their discussion. Wolf raised a skin of ouzo to get a taste as she shared recent family news. "Zasha told me that I had to propose to you two. She said a love as strong as ours should be married." She passed the skin to Xena.

The Queen turned to stand in front of the guard. Her emerald eyes were brightened by a flash of fire. "Forget proposing. If you don't marry us, we will marry you and your plethora of toys."

Xena took a drink before handing it to Gabrielle. To Wolf, she said, "She's had her eye on that pelvic garter that we just bought. The last I saw, she put it on our bed."

Wolf accepted the skin from Gabrielle. She truly liked the taste, she thought, as she took another deep drink. "We'll need to play with that again. Enough practice will make it easier to use." She passed the skin to Xena.

The Consort kissed Gabrielle and looked at their Guardian. "We are serious, Wolf. There is no law forbidding it. Marry us. Make us a real, true and on papyrus family. The Consort was amazed by the fact that age never crept on Wolf's face. While her face and Gabrielle's had small wrinkles, Wolf's was the same as it was over twenty years ago.

The consort reached over to pull her lover's hand in front of the queen. Holding the guard's attention with her bright blue eyes, she slipped a ring onto her finger next to Eponin's. "Be our wife."

Wolf, although entranced by Xena's intense eyes, had felt the ring. She looked at the two rings. She was greatly blessed. She rubbed her rings across her lips and remembered Eponin's essence approval before. She said with a big smile, "Yes." 

Gabrielle hugged her new wife tight. She got a fiery, deep kiss and was lifted. Xena whispered during a lull in noise, "I want to watch when you do that later. I do want to hear her climax hard." Feeling Wolf's exhalation, Xena began kissing her. She pulled Gabrielle closer to also kiss her. While the party was roaring loud, the new brides went to their hut.

After witnessing Lesbian Amazon love, Hally walked over and interrupted Larin's silent hunting dance. She apologized before kissing the princess deep. "I'd like my dance lesson." Her look became unusually focused, as she always seemed to be happy.

In front of each other, the pair garnered silence. Solari tapped Ephiny and pointed at the tall, dark-haired princess looking a little confused at the shorter blonde. With a royal signal, the music that began again was slower with woodwind pipes beginning a romantic movement.

Larin blinked, but then her natural rhythm took over. It was gentle and slow. She pulled Halryan close to her and began to guide her along the steps of a love dance. Their bodies barely touched, but their minds wanted to.

Taking a deep breath, Hally stepped back, but held her hands up. "I'm not leaving. I just need to breathe. I'll watch you dance. Start the loud music back up."

Following Hally back to where she had been standing, the princess suggested going for a walk.

Taking the offered hand, Hally followed the woman with whom she had known and loved for about ten years. They walked among the huts. All were silent except one. It was obvious what her moms were doing. When a loud cry started as a moan, Larin covered her friend's ears.

They walked back through the square and into the stables. Hearing the horses scratch their hooves on the floor, Larin pointed up at the loft holding hay stacks. They sat in the hay and talked quietly.

Hally asked Larin why she had covered her ears. She said she knew what sex sounded like and her moms had been standing next to her earlier. She said, with two fingers hiding her mouth, "Xena said she wanted to watch Wolf lift the Queen. She also said that she wanted Gabrielle to be loud."

Larin laughed with her reply. "My mom has a quiet, but repeated saying. 'What the Consort wants, the Consort gets'."

"She spoils her?"

The princess nodded. "They all spoil each other."

"I don't want to be spoiled."

"You can say that until you get something you've never had before and loved it." Larin paused for a dramatic moment. "Then, all of a sudden you don't get it. You desperately want to be spoiled." She sounded like her mom just then, performing a dramatic story.

Hally laid flat in the hay and put her legs on a bale. She looked sideways at Larin. She smiled until she had to bite an itch on her lip.

The princess laid stomach down on the hay. She used her palm to lift her head up and talked as she grinned. "Are you flirting with me, Halryan?"

Hally dropped her legs then rolled to her side. She also held her head up. With a gamine smile, she replied, "If I was, would that bother you?"

Larin scooted closer.

The blonde was lost in the emerald eyes framed by raven-dark hair. Although the light was dim, despite the bonfire, her love for the princess was deep. Her thoughts would carry a memory of Larin in the bright sun. She cleared her throat, explaining, "I do not know how to flirt."

"Whatever you are doing now has enraptured me," Larin softly revealed.

Changing the subject, Hally sat back up and against the bale. Her eyes refused to stay on her friend. "When do you want to leave for Corinth?"

Recognizing Hally's attempt to avoid the earlier comment, Larin took the easy road. "I need to go down to Polichnitos and check the departure schedule."

"Do you have to pay for it?"

Larin thought of Hally's experiences with little coin and an early life hardly shared. "Just curious, but how old are you?"

"I don't know. My mom died when I was born and no one knew how to write it down. They only remembered that she died." Lowering her head, she was quiet and looking at her hands. She thought about how her family knew things now because she wrote notes on the money books that she kept  for the shop. She told them when things were needed to be done. She was able to do that because Larin was so patient when teaching her how to read and write.

She looked up and studied her profile until the other woman turned to look at her. Hally thought Larin's eyes were like the soothing green beryl gems that she had recently bought for the Mytilene ruling family. Their youngest daughter trusted her buying skills. Being swallowed by the emerald gems pushed all thoughts aside. She was breathless. Even still, she breathed deeply and exhaled slowly, followed by a simple statement. "I love you, Larin."

The princess' expression softened. She reached out and caressed her fiend's cheek. When she reach her jaw, she traced her bottom lip. "I love you, too."

Hally hesitantly asked, "Can I go to Polichnitos with you tomorrow?"

"If you can be gone from the shop for so long, yes."

Laughing with an internal joke, Hally said, "I'm ready to tell them that I'm joining the Amazons."

"Seriously?"

"I can be their book keeper."

Finally understanding her joke, Larin kissed her slowly. The affection grew deeper for both until they heard a thud against the wall.

When they heard that activity below, they pulled away from each other and creeped to the loft edge. They saw Solari and Ephiny taking their clothes off. The hidden couple shared wide-eyed expressions. When the Amazon couple began making love against the stable wall, Hally backed away.

Larin followed her and whispered into her ear, asking, "Are you shocked?"

Hally leaned closer and pressed her forehead to Larin's temple. "No."

"What is it then?"

She rembered when she felt similar feelings. "I don't know how to say what it is, but hearing your moms earlier made me feel the same."

Not that she felt the same with her moms, but seeing the regent and weaponsmaster being actively explicit was turning her on. She reached for Hally's hand and smiled. She kissed it softly. She gently whispered, "You are aroused. That is not bad."

"None of it?"

Larin kept it short. "No."

When they heard the moaning grow louder, Larin looked at Hally. She saw that the blonde's head was tilted back and her breathing was becoming shallow. The princess looked lower to see Hally grinding against a small clump of hay. She did currently know the feeling.

When below, the orgasmic delight became expressions, Larin laid down and pulled Hally to her. She showed the blonde how to sit on her thigh. After a long pause, the grinding began again with the louder moans below.

Larin put her hands to her sides, palms flat to the floor. She did however, begin to slightly lift and lower her thigh closer to the desperation that she felt. She began matching the rhythm of the grinding above her.

"Oh, Zeus!"

Hally's loudly whispered explation timed perfectly with the regent's cry of pleasure. If there had been better light, Larin would have found her own release, seeing the heightened flush above her and how the blonde was holding her lip between her teeth.

She was surprised when Hally suddenly reversed their positions. She had never noticed her friend's strength. Larin had been fighting against her sexual feelings until Hally raised her leg and started her grinding again. The royal Amazon used her palms to support her weight.

She lowered her mouth to the other woman's cheek so Hally could feel how she was affecting her. With the  experience of masturbation, the princess knew when to increase the pressure against her clitorus.

With no encouragement, Hally reached between them and placed her hand under her love's body. She enjoyed the heat on her fingers. She loved how her finger naturally fit along the the shape hidden between Larin's legs. She raised a knuckle and ground harder. The breath on her cheek came faster and heavier.

She rolled their bodies once more and found that cleft again. She rode her own wrist, pushing heavier as she  ground down onto Larin.  She held her cheek close to Larin's. With her ear close to hear Larin reactions, and so the princess could hear her beg and order her, "Please, I want to hear your excitement."

They could no longer control their bodies.


The next morning's early dawn had Nagla's healing hut full of hunters seeking to ease the agonies of their hangovers. The healer stood next to her table of, what the Queen called, goat poo. Two of the archers were holding their single braids as they regurgitated last night's celebrations into chamberpots. The Queen with both of her wives, stepped in to get their healing drink.

Gabrielle smacked her lips a few times and accepted the skin of water that Wolf handed to her. After swishing a mouthful around between her cheeks, Xena and Wolf kissed them. After those two rinsed their mouths, she kissed them deeply.

She smiled and pointed at both. "You two have a good hunt. Enjoy it. I'll be here when you return. I love you two."

The treated hunters went to the square with their weapons. There, they met a few more. They broke into groups and headed off into the four directions

Considering the early hour and activities last night, Gabrielle went back to the hut that she shared. Entering the portal, she saw last night's toys of loving. She picked them up and put them into a bowl of water. Bending over with a hand on the bed, she gathered the pelvic garter, which had been especially customized by her wives. She held it while firmly smoothing the top blanket. It was definitely the queen's new favorite. From it, she removed the attached phallus and wiped extra lubricant from it. That toy went into the water bowl.

Her Consort definitely got to see what she wanted to watch last night.

With all of the toys picked up, Gabrielle retrieved the pot of hot water and poured some in to clean everything. With a linen and some soap flakes, she started cleaning. With each wiping stroke, she remembered how it felt, looked and sounded. After setting them aside to dry, she cleaned the pelvic accessory, wiping the waist and thigh bands with a firm hand. She hung it to dry at the side of the bed.

All done, she decided to just lay down and rest. As she laid there with her eyes closed, she could not resist a brief look at the accessory. Her single brief look became longer and more frequent. She then just quit trying to resist. She looked at their neweset purchase and remembered how it was used last night. Xena had said that she wanted to see Wolf pick her up and use it.

Xena had helped Wolf put it on and then spread lubricant onto the attached toy. The tall warrior then stood in front of her, kissing her and holding the wet phallus between her thighs. Xena vulgarly told her what she was going to do to their wife.

The Consort began to press towards the guard, squeezing the sliding phallus with her strong thighs, while the guardian began to push her own hips forward. The Queen had picked up the ouzo skin to moisten her mouth gone suddenly dry watching them both getting aroused.

She remembered the feeling of being lifted by Xena and wrapping her arms around her. The feeling of the Consort circling lubricant still on her hands, around her anus. She felt Wolf's hands massaging her back, relaxing her. She saw Wolf's hands caress Xena's arms, shoulders down to her hands, which then were lowered to her royal backside, spreading her muscular cheeks.

As Xena lowered their bodies, she offered to Wolf the Queen's pleasure. She remembered the words of gifting, as vulgar as they were. Xena told Wolf, "You know that she liked it before. She will love your fucking her tonight." Xena, with enough lubricant to be used, slipped a long finger inside, in then out a few times. After the last one, she gathered Wolf's phallus and positioned it for all off them.

That entry was easier than the last time and Wolf held her legs while showing her the benefits of lubricant. She had heard how Wolf started grunting, trying to enter deeper than before. She remembered seeing Xena getting to her knees and greedily licking. She had felt how the warrior's mouth was responding to both of her wives. She must have loved it, rubbing and playing with herself. She was always so good with her fingers, especially when she added the longer ivory phallas that she had shown her before wetting it with her mouth.

It was a dream, climaxing with both of them. Her second wedding night had surpassed the fact of loving both of her warriors. At the end of it, they had separated and crawled into bed to kiss and hold each other, with memories of their first combined loud climax.

The Queen currently reached over to get the phallus. No lubricant was needed now, as Gabrielle was wet enough to easily start masturbating. The memory might be a ride repeatedly remembered.

She did not afterwards fall asleep. She did hear her wives about to walk into their hut. Not wanting to hide it, she still laid in bed and raised the phallas in her hand setting the base on her navel.

Wolf slapped Xena's back, saying that she was right.

Gabrielle put the phallas on her stomach and pointed at the few other toys. "I got them all washed."

The warriors bent over to kiss their wife. "The hunters still have a few hours. We can go get a bath in peace."

Nodding rapidly, Gabrielle jumped up and straightened her night shift. Before she could get them first, Wolf collected her clean day wear. Xena gathered the warriors' regular clothes. With a wicked smile, the queen went back to the table on Xena's side. She openly picked up the ivory phallas and folded her arms across it for concealment.

The three women left their hut and made their walk to the warm spring. On the way, they all waved at the other three sitting as Roesta healed. "That is a honeymoon phase." Roesta lifted her skin of water. "And that was a dildo in the Queen's arms."

Laera chuckled with a response. "She wasn't hiding it well."

The third elder rubbed Laera's thigh. "Maybe she wasn't even trying."

Roesta asked the other two, "Do you two want to bet on whether their phase lasts longer than ours did?"


In Polichtinos, Larin and Hally were studying the departure schedule.
"Almiri looks easiest. We can ride to the tavern from there." Larin reached up to pet Malain. She looked around to see the people nearby. She reached to Hally and lightly stroked her arm. She said, "It will be a ten hour ride. Can you handle that?"

After last night, she easily knew her answer. "Yes."

A voice calling to her shocked Hally.

Feeling the tense reaction, Larin watched and waited. She listened good and just stood off to the side.

Hally appeared to have bowed a little. "Lady Aleins, how are your jewels?"

The leader's daughter put her hands up. "They are perfect. I was going to ask if you can get a few more of that beryl."

"I am looking for a ship from Athens, but the battles have uprisen again on the way there, so I do not know if it is still on its way. I will be sure to let you know."

Lady Aleins clapped her hands for her carriage. "Is that your protector? She looks quite effective."

Hally smiled and looked at Larin. "Yes, she is. No jewels will be taken from me."

When the carriage arrived and the woman left, Hally exhaled. She looked around for any more surprises and returned to the schedule.

Once more standing next to Larin, she apologized. "I was afraid to tell her that you're an Amazon."

Larin looked down at her clothing. "If she had a clue, she would already know." Hally laughed when Larin raised a brow before adjusting the sword on her hip and checking the dagger on her thigh.

Hally leaned closer to her friend with widened eyes. "Amazon or not, I think you're hot."

With memories of last night and falling deep into Hally's eyes, Larin raised a hand to wipe at her neck. "Are you really sure that you want to go to Corinth with me?"

Circling joyfully, Hally answered. "Of course. You have to finish that dancing lesson." She stopped moving around then touched Larin's arm. "How are we going to pay? 3,000 dinars is not cheap."

Larin put her hands up. She whispered as she said, "I saved some money what I made selling game and fish. It took a long time since we got to Lesbos. I've managed four thousand, so we can have a good time."


Back at Artepolis, in the cave discretely hiding the warm spring, three married women soaped each other. They were enjoying their alone time. Xena looked to the side and asked Gabrielle if she was again sitting on the soap. The Queen mischievously grinned.

"I'm not sitting on soap."

Wolf snorted as the Consort's hand went into the water in the area of Gabrielle's legs. She watched with a smile as the other two started rolling around. When they stopped playing in the water, they started kissing. While watching, the guard reached under the water to catch hold of what Gabrielle had been truly sitting on. She laughed in victory and held the ivory toy up.

"You found Eros!"

The warriors looked at their wife. Xena asked after a gentle kiss, "Do you always name our toys after gods?"

Gabrielle shrugged with a grin. "That was the only one."

"And the others," Xena asked.

The Queen put a finger up. "I'll share their names if we use them later." She began to look for Eros and then looked at Wolf. "Where did you put him?"

Wolf only heard silence outside before she found a large stone. "The question should be, where do I want to put it." She caressed her Queen and the Consort as she waded to the stone. She sat the toy carefully on the stone.

She turned her back to it when she addressed her wives. "As well as you two know me, you know that I usually give instead of receiving attention like that. With you two, though," Wolf slowly began as she reached out to wetly cup their chins, "You two make me so hot and I think maybe with you, I can receive anything."

Backing up to the stone, Wolf boosted herself up. With purpose, she got as comfortable as possible. Once the ivory was in her hands, she lifted her knees and spread her legs. She watched the Royal couple as she rolled it between her legs. She knew it was getting wet. Wanting to tease her wives, she raised it to her lips. When Xena stepped close to Gabrielle's back and began to slowly fondle her breasts, Wolf opened her mouth to get a taste. After licking it one more time, she offered it to her wives. They climbed onto the rock.

Using the linens that Wolf brought, they used them as cushions on the slab. The guard held the toy up, giving them the choice.

"Ready?"

Wolf nodded at Gabrielle's question. She tried to relax as she started getting excited. The queen began to slowly kiss her as she entered her wetness. Their lips separated when the blonde put her wet fingers into her mouth. "Yes, you are," she verified. "Let us know, though, if everything is good."

Wolf felt movement by her feet and watched between her knees. She gasped as Gabrielle penetrated her again with her finger at the same moment that Xena licked the ivory. She felt another finger being entered. Rising a few times to feel more, she cried, "Now!"

She saw Xena withdraw the toy and watched as it was lowered. When two fingers became four, the toy easily penetrated her. She watched Xena as she made love to her.

She watched Gabrielle masturbating while watching. The bard leaned over and kissed her.  She shifted to whisper into an ear, "Let me know if you don't like it." That was what the guard told her Queen two nights ago.

Wolf felt the wet finger slowly poke and circle her anus. That alone felt good, but when the finger went deeper in addition to Xena's loving, the muscles between her legs began clenching at everything. She raised her pelvis and pushed ahead. Her roar echoed in the cavern.

Wolf forced her eyes to open. She saw Xena cleaning Eros off again. It wasn't long until Gabrielle requested it back so she could give her Consort her release, penetrating and licking between the lips above her.  She was proceeding slowly until she felt more than a couple of fingers entering her. The end began to happen as the loving became faster. When all three were sated, they and Eros got back into the spring for an ending wash.

Dried and dressed, the three women exited the cave. A few steps towards the square, Wolf showed a signal of company. They smiled when they saw Larin and Halryan on the way to the springs, with their arms full. The young couple watched the moms leave.

A few minutes later, Wolf stopped, with her head cocked. Her wives stopped with her. "Did you hear something?"

Wolf smiled then answered. "Just a beautiful story."

Back at the square, the trio saw Roesta with Laera and Kepra. Gabrielle looked at the sundial next to the well. She traced a few fingers across the affixed plate that had been placed during the new capital's naming. She judged that the hunters would be back soon.

She stopped to stand with the sitting women, but then just sat on the ground. She accepted kisses from her passing wives. They moved on to their hut to return their bathing things.

Roesta became the more philosophical of the three. "Are the three of you enjoying your relationship?"

The Queen considered the elder the wisest woman, with similar relationship experience. Gabrielle crossed her legs. With her elbows on her knees, she lowered her head. She began sharing. "When I was young and began traveling with Xena, about thirty years ago, I thought that each person had another one person alive to love." She remembered the time with a smile, "Then I met Wolf. Her boldness created a curiosity in me."

That was when she and Xena skirted the bush about things then. "That never grew into attraction or love then, because she met Eponin. At that time, though, she was still liking me despite her love. And me, even when I told myself that I loved Xena, a little part of me loved Wolf."

She had times then, of thinking why she enjoyed Wolf's company and laughter. "I started thinking of different ways to love. Then Xena, after soul searching herself about Wolf and Artemis, when she realized how hard and far Wolf would go to protect all of us. She could not, not love her."

Gabrielle pushed the hair off her face. "Overall, I saw and just fell in love with Wolf, too. I was no longer the young idealist. When Xena saw my happiness and why my mood rebounded from melacholy, she accepted it.

Wolf denied herself because she didn't want to hurt Xena. She saw the two of us as the perfect couple. She pulled away to keep from hurting both of us." She threw her hands up.

Roesta had heard of the story. "Her being away hurt both of you."

"Yes. She then finally accepted that both of us loved her. She made our family complete."

Kepra smirked as she lowered a water skin."And the endless sexcapades did nothing to add to it?"

Xena, hearing that line, fell to a knee next to her wife. She smirked and teased, "You're just jealous, Kepra."

Wolf walked up, grinning as the guard spun a cleaning linen on the tip of her middle finger. "The hunters aren't far. I'll go let Raemi know."


Back in the cave, Hally undressed shyly and sank into the water, all the way to her neck. She had to ask, "Was that sound from one of your moms?"

Larin smiled as she set aside the clothes and linens. "There was once a legend of a large black dragon. That dragon flew on the darkest of nights and cried out for what it was missing."

"Was it found?"

"I mostly think so. These days, roars are rarely heard." Remembering the question, Larin undressed and stepped into the warm water. "Those three? Who knows with the way that they've been behaving."

They began soaping themselves on opposite sides of the pool. Realizing that they were alone, Larin stood and walked to Hally's side. "So, tomorrow, I'll conceal a thousand and pocket the three thousand for the ship to Almiri. From there, we'll ride to Corinth."

Hally reached over and caressed Larin's arm. "We will fulfill your festival duty."

Hearing the bird calls, Larin dunked herself and rose quickly to get their drying linens. She waited patiently for Hally to exit the bath. She began drying her friend quickly, then herself. They finished dressing when five women came in after hunting. She waved goodbye to leave the cave. "Let's go get our clothes."


Larin and Hally went to the princess' hut. Larin pointed at a packed bag hidden behind a wardrobe. "Both of ours for tomorrow." She tossed some clothes to the bottom of the bed. "Your clothes for tonight."

After dressing, Hally began to squeeze her hands together until Larin put a hand on her shoulder. "Afraid of the trip?"

Shaking her head, the blonde lowered her head. "I was thinking that you no longer liked me."

Larin raised her friend's head for a slow kiss. "I still love you and not just because of your help."

"What about the arousal stuff?"

"No. I have loved you for a long time. Being aroused with you just made that feel better."

"Are we ready to eat now?" Remembering how good last night was, Hally wondered if it was going to happen again.

"Yes."

The dinner bell had them going to the dining hall quickly.

Now familiar with the procedure, Hally collected her dinnerware and chose the ham and biscuits with her water. They both sat at the Royal table before Larin's moms got there. The rest of her family sat. They ate while listening to everyone talk.

Hally listened with a focus when the Festival of Life was mentioned. She wanted to know everything. She still listened when the topic changed.

Gabrielle leaned forward, laying her hand on Wolf's. "Aidee has her job certificate ceremony tomorrow."

Wolf nodded with a smile. "Kendra already told me. It's been a long trail for her to go from courier to priestess."

Xena leaned forward to add, "Your talk with Kendra so long ago as well as your support and training with her made a strong warrior."

Bored with the talk around them, Peran and Zasha began talking to each other. When she heard something somewhat disturbing, Wolf discretely focused on only them. She continued to eat her ham and potatoes. When the twins stopped talking, she let her attention absorb the table.


When they all ate and dinnerware was set to be washed, Larin and Hally went to the princess' hut and the brides went to their hut.

Wolf waited for a moment before needing their attention. With empty hands, they listened to their guard, who was nervously biting her lip. "I have to admit a secret that must remain a secret."

Gabrielle laid a hand on Xena's thigh. "We're listening."

She began, "A long time ago, I figured out the girls' twinspeak. I just never told anyone because they can have their secrets as long as no one gets hurt."

Xena had sensed a mood change over dinner. "What did they say tonight?"

"Larin is going to Corinth to get pregnant. Halryan is going with her." Wolf imagined what could happen to a true child of Gabrielle and Xena.

Gabrielle pressed a knuckle against her lips. "Details?"

Wolf spread her hands out. "The man was not named. Neither was their meeting location. The twins were talking about Almiri and the ship was costing them 3,000 dinars."

"Why is she doing this?" The queen stood to think while pacing.

Wolf laid a calming hand on her new wife. "You two aren't the only ones stressed about the Festival of Life."

Xena walked over to Gabrielle and pulled her onto her lap as she sat. "We had it easy, Gabrielle. Larin, though, has always been driven to please you."

Wolf rubbed her jaw."Do we have that money right now?"

The Queen nodded. Looking at the Guardian, she asked what she was thinking.

"l'll leave Beast since he's recognizable. I'll pay to ride the hull, like the Amazons did getting here. When we get there, I'll just keep an eye on her."

The Queen stared intensely at Wolf. She already knew that she didn't want her daughter to go, but her example would be honored. She also knew that she didn't want her wife to go, but she will keep her integrity to the goddess that made her immortal to protect her Queen and her Royal Family.

The Guardian took a deep breath and thought quick. "I plan to go to the Polichnitos harbormaster's office before it opens so I can pay and hide before the girls get there.

The Queen stood and opened a locked cabinet. removing three satchels of 1,000 dinars each and another with about 500. She handed them to Wolf and clasped her hands.

Xena stood to kiss them both. She removed her armor and weapons. She sat down to remove her boots. "Tonight, we sleep." Following her example, the other two undressed to the barest and crawled into bed. They did sleep, focused on their daughter, but not deeply.

An hour before dawn, Wolf felt Xena waking her. She quickly redonned her weapons and armor. She slipped the money down along her thighs. She quietly kissed Gabrielle and Xena. "I will be careful and strong. You two be careful. I love you both."

Xena nodded as she hugged the Guardian. "Be back as soon as you can. We love you, too."

Silently, Wolf put her Eastern Samari training to use. She was unseen and unheard. She arrived and had to wait only a few minutes before joining the harbormaster. She gave him three heavy pouches, looked at his dispatch list and found the berth for Almiri's morning departure. Not hearing anything outside, she slipped out and rushed to The Iron Poinset. Looking and listening again, she climbed aboard using the tie lines. On the deck, her eyes scoured around. She searched where the hull door might be.

Not finding it, she looked up and saw the crow's nest wrapped in tarp. One more negative scan of the area had her climbing the mast ropes to find a way to open the tarp. Not long after she did so and sat in the nest, she heard the captain putting the loading dock onto the deck. Focusing, she heard horse hooves and female voices. To verify before it got too light, she raised her head and found the familiar faces she needed to protect. Seeing that Malain had sensed her and was responding, she sank back in. She listened to Larin calming her war horse. That voice also calmed her and she simply sat in a lotus pose and meditated.

During the ship ride, Larin told Hally about the man she chose. He had known her moms so long and fought battles with them. They had experiences that proved that he was worthy. She then shared the history of her newest mom, how she had learned new things that increased her strengths. She spoke of her journeys around the known world, from Britain to Chin, from Gaul to Greece. "I learned a lot, looking at maps, learning about her. She still fascinates me and my other moms."

When Malain shifted her weight, Larin looked up at the sun and smiled when she saw land. She gave Hally a hand up and pointed towards the colorful coastal buildings. "Talking must use up a lot of time." She wrapped an arm around the storekeeper when the harbor moorings came into sight.

Wolf listened closely when Larin talked about where she was meeting the man. Hearing of The Tavern Besotted, the Guardian shook her head. She remembered a few meetings there that ended with a woman's husband or father chasing her down. She had definitely matured since then.

Knowing where they were going, she carefully let herself down. Seen, the smiled and saluted the captain. Then she jumped from the ship to the pier and began running as fast as she could, knowing that they had a head start with Malain.

When she finally saw them slowly walking the shopping district, she started stealthily making her way down the side streets. She pulled her coinage from her thigh armor. Quickly entering the tavern, she found a discrete table with a good view of the patrons. She signalled a barmaid and requested a chalice of wine and a menu.

With her hair sweaty and tousled, she removed her twin swords and lowered her face. Using her lashes, she waited and watched the door. When a familiar face came in, she was sure to keep her face low. She acted as though she was looking at her fingernails when the door opened again. Face down, her eyes widened. She breathed deeply when she spied Larin and Hally walking up to Iolaus.

The women selected a table and invited the blond warrior to join them. Age had been a little rough to Iolaus. Wolf figured him to be closer to 60 than anything. She listened to their conversation.

"Iolaus, it has been a while."

The man smiled as he traded an arm clasp. "I can honestly say that I've never met you."

Larin nodded and recalled for him the day that he stood outside of Amazonia, talking to her moms. She learned quickly as a child, how to quietly follow her parents. After telling Solari that her moms said it was okay to go with them, she silently glided behind them on a clear forest path.

"Both of them. Xena and Gabrielle," he asked.

"Well, as of recently, all three of them." Larin tried to quickly explain. "Xena and Gabrielle married Wolf."

"Finally? I figured that they were really close during that battle we helped with." Iolaus looked at Larin's non-amazon friend. "Why did you two want to meet me here?"

The princess thought of how to word it. "Are you at all familiar with the Amazon Festival of Life?"

Iolaus nodded. "I've heard of it because a cousin of mine was chosen."

After her finger stopped tracing a burn mark on the table, Larin showed her palms. "This is the year of that festival and I have chosen you."

Surprise was evident in his eyes. "Why me?"

"I've grown up hearing stories about you and how you are a smart and strong warrior. And my mom had sat with you when you almost died..."

Iolaus remembered and said, "When Prometheus was chained and nobody could heal."

"Yes" Larin was happy that he remembered.

"Where are you parents now?" Iolaus held his chin while bracing his arm on the table.

Larin waved east. "Lesbos."

The blonde warrior nodded, knowing the Amazon couple. "Vacation?"

Larin shook her head. "No. We live there now."

Iolaus was surprised. "Just you four?"

Counting names on her fingers, she replied, "Not just the seven of us, but the entire tribe from Amazonia." Larin said a silent prayer to Artemis. "I haven't met any man on Lesbos worthy for what I need." She paused, reaching under the table. She held Hally's hand on her thigh. "Can you help me?"

Iolaus shook his head. "How? I am an old man."

Hally piped in as she held her hand up. "In Mytilene, the leader has a son whose wife had a child when he was 60. If you don't want to do it naturally, I've watched manual inseminations. The herders have said that the baby makers are the end result of stimulation. That is then inserted into the female and with luck, you have a new calf."

"I'm not easily stimulated at my age. Did you learn anything about that?"

Hally fought away her blush by thinking of the cows. "Well, we can get a room and talk privately about this."

As if on cue, the tavern got louder. Larin reached to the warrior's arm and begged, "Please Iolaus? Just to talk."

Iolaus put his hands up in concession. Larin approached the tavern owner with a few coins, asking for a room and a clean glass of water.

When they went up and closed the door, Wolf went up to sit on the stairs. She listened to the situation. The Guardian said a prayer to Artemis.


In the paid room, the noise was reduced. Larin emptied her water glass and thoroughly dried it. She set it aside and sat on the bed to listen to her friend.

"What I have learned about stimulation, Iolaus, is that the individual needs to be aroused. Whether it be by hearing, seeing or touching. Arousal causes an increase in many of the body's functions. The last time that you were aroused, what caused it?"

Coughing, he whispered, "A buxom barmaid."

Hearing that, Wolf hurried down to the tavern and approached an appropriate woman. She whispered something and gave her a few heavy coins.

A minute later, there was a knock at Larin's door and the barmaid walked in.

Larin's eyes were wide. Could this be a sign from the goddess? The princess fell back and began choking. The barmaid, as kind as possible, bent to roll her and slapped her back a dozen times. The choking miraculously ended. "Thank you," she said as she stood.

As the barmaid walked out, Larin looked down at Iolaus' lap and handed him the clean glass. "I know that helped. Think about her and give me a cup of baby makers and we'll do the rest."


After Wolf watched the barmaid walk up, she saw a very old memory and he saw her. He smiled as he approached her. The Athenian soldier nodded. "Wolf. I swear that you haven't aged a day. Where is your wife?"

The guard acknowledged his presence. "She died honorably in a battle against Atronos. He however, died painfully as both of my swords cut his manhood short. He learned late to never rape the friend and wife of an Amazon."

The Athenian, noting the twin hilts on Wolf's back, lowered his head in consolation and understanding. He left the tavern quickly.

Hearing the excited talk between the two young women that were rushing by to go outside, Wolf turned to avoid detection.

With him gone, seeing that the barmaid had come back down and Larin and Hally went back to their room, Wolf went back up to sit on the steps.


 

Earlier, when the barmaid aroused Iolaus, Hally and Larin raced to go outside. Larin watched Hally run around, looking for something. When she stopped, she found a necessary reed. She breathed into it and nodded with a smile.

When Iolaus left, they barely avoided bumping into an Athenian soldier when rushing back upstairs. Looking at the cup's contents Larin asked her, "Do you really know how to do this?"

Hally shrugged as she began undressing the princess. "I like to learn," she said with a smile. She then took the cup from Larin and  pushed her onto the bed. She tilted the cup and waited for it to collect enough so she could use the reed. She set it into the baby makers and sucked on it like a straw. She carefully took it from the cup.

She instructed her friend. "Get in position, knees up. It's time for us to make a baby." She laid on the bed, looking at her goal. She spread Larin's labia and inserted a finger to lubricate her and make it easier to insert the reed. Finding it getting wetter, she penetrated her with two, with the reed between them. As deep as possible that it could be, she lowered her mouth to blow the semen into Larin. She blew a second time to make sure.

Seeing what was left in the cup, she tried again. "Well, that got him stimulated." She sat up and put the cup and reed on the table. She held up a finger. "I've heard from the midwives that this procedure helps."

Already aroused by being penetrated twice now and being unclothed in front of the woman that she loved, she asked, "What's that?"

Hally stood and asked, "Did you know that your Amazon library is stimulating?" She easily removed her clothes. "It has stories about how to make babies easier."

Lost in Hally's loving eyes, Larin asked, "How's that?"

Hally crawled up on the bed and pushed Larin's leg down. The Amazon reached down to pull the blonde onto her leg.

Hally began to slide up on her friend's skin, delaying a reply and said, "Time to finish the baby." She kissed Larin as she slid down. Putting her finger where it was before only caused her to slip it back into her.

Larin reached down and held her hand where it was and asked her, "Halryan of Mytilene, Lesbos, will you be my girlfriend?"

The storekeeper was incredulous. "You're asking me now?"

"You've come all of this way with me to get me pregnant. You are my other half."

Hally vigorously nodded without thought then kissed her again.

Larin continued their love-making, showing Hally how to please her.


Once they were dressed again the next morning, the new couple exited their room to see Wolf waiting for them. "It's time to get to the ship."

Larin's face turned angrily red at being caught. "Why did you follow us?"

Wolf gave her the truth, "I have freely taken an obligation with Artemis to protect you. And I promised your moms. And I am your mom, too. We all wanted you to be safe."

Hally watched as Larin's head lowered, reacting to the comeuppance. She hugged her mom for forgiveness.

They left the way that they came in, riding and running. Smelling the sea, Larin dismounted and helped Hally down. They began walking Malain to cool her down. Five minutes later, Wolf caught up to them.

They came upon the The Iron Poinset's captain attaching the loading dock. He waved off the money that they pulled out. "I'll send a note."

The ride back was quiet until it began raining while they were tying in. Children born just nine years ago met them with Beast following them. They got into the cart driven by Aresha. Wolf, Larin and Hally were happy to be back.

Entering Artepolis, the women went to the stables. They were talking when the Royal couple came in. Wolf was going to let the young couple start, but Xena and Gabrielle rushed in to hug and kiss their wife then daughter. Hearing the dinner bell, they requested information at the table then.

Once they were all sitting, the Queen asked about their trip. Larin cocked her head, but Hally answered, "With any luck, I got my girlfriend pregnant with a donation."

"Who was the man?"

Larin looked at Xena and said that Iolaus was still a T and A man.

"Yours?" Xena's eyes narrowed.

"No, mother. He left a thank you present after he saw a barmaid. I didn't bare mine until Hally did her thing." She looked over at Hally and smiled with a brow lift.

Gabrielle told Hally that a sister came by looking for her yesterday.

Hally nodded. "Thank you."


Gabrielle, leaving her meeting hall, saw Wolf talking to Beast. When she saw her checking his gums and petting his underbelly, she decided to delay her meeting with the planners. She walked to Wolf and called out a gentle greeting. "Is something wrong with Beast?"

Wolf frowned at the rough texture of his hair. "He has colic. For a horse his age, it's not good news."

The Queen rubbed a hand on her back. "What can we do?"

Wolf scratched her chin as she thought of it. "A lot of clean water, more grass and hay than feed, more walking."

Gabrielle showed a positive attitude. "We can handle that."

"But, if his intestines aren't getting enough blood, they basically get blocked with digested food." Wolf rubbed her hand on her neck.

"We can ask Xena. She's probably seen it before." Gabrielle  clasped her wife's hand and walked with her to the sparring grounds. They watched the staffs, swords and sai, introduced by Solari. Watching the sai, the Queen smiled. "Those look effective."

Wolf nodded but then said, "Unlike staffs that keep your body further away, the sai uses a close proximity that requires speed, strength and flexibility."

"That sounds like a weapon for Kendra."

The guard pointed at Kendra sparring with Xena and her sword. "And you are correct."

When those two took a break, Gabrielle and Wolf went to Xena to get advice about colic.

The warrior shrugged and gave them both kisses. "In my armies, if we had a horse with colic that wasn't curable, we killed it to put it out of pain. With Beast though, just keep up with what you've already said."

Gabrielle added, "We can help. If we love you, we'll love your horse."

Wolf kissed both women and let them know that she was going to go slowly walk her horse.

 

When the day of the Festival of Life came, Hally made her decision. She shared it with her girlfriend. "Larin, when I read a scroll about Amazon life today, I decided on something finally."

"What's that?" Larin put aside the leathers that she was repairing.

When the princess gave her all of her attention, she shared her result. "I'm going to stop the shop. I will stop traveling between Mytilene and Artepolis. I am going to always stay here. I want to be an Amazon."

Larin clasped her hands in front of her. "Did you completely think this through?"

Yes. I have. I had no happiness there, but here, I always do. And, some families are more important than others."

When Hally fell to her knees and kissed Larin's belly, the princess brushed her palm along Hally's hair. "I don't even know if I'm pregnant."

Hally inhaled before again kissing the Princess' stomach. "Baby or not, we are still family."

"We can tell the Queen during dinner." She lifted Hally's face to hers, where she held it. " Halryan of Mytilene, you hold my heart."

The blonde deeply kissed the princess. Unaware of the time, she asked, "Want to get to know me?"

Larin grinned before another kiss. "Now that is flirting and you are getting good at it."

The former shopkeeper stood and sat on her lover's lap. "We can just kiss a lot."

The couple was interrupted by the dinner bell. "Now it's time to share." Hally stood and gave Larin a hand up. "Here's hoping that your moms still like me."

 

 

Larin watched her entire family with love. A month after the Festival of Life, news had begun already about who was or was not pregnant. With every positive notice, Larin bit her cheek, but congratulated the good news. Under the table, Hally rubbed her thigh.

With the festival results shared, Larin raised her hand to get the whole table's attention. "Amazons, I just want to announce that Halryan of Mytilene is moving to Artepolis to begin her life as an Amazon."

Gabrielle kissed her daughter and squeezed her shoulders. "That is news that we have wanted to hear for years."

Hally smiled and kissed Larin. "Thank you, all of you."

Once the dinner was done, the young couple returned to their hut. Larin continued mending her leathers and Hally continued to try reading the library scroll on how to be an Amazon. She look up at Larin and a sudden thought had her walking over to the princess. She started unbuttoning her top while the Larin pushed her hands away.

"I just wanted to check," Hally explained.

"Check what," Larin asked.

"I'll show you once you take this off." She was still trying to get the shirt open at the same time Larin was pulling it off of her head.

With the topless princess, Hally kneeled on the floor and lifted a breast. She looked at it then circled the nipple with her tongue. She rubbed her cheek on it after a kiss. "See this," she said and lifted it so Larin could see. Her finger followed her tongue's previous journey. "The Amazon scrolls are full of information and I have been looking at your body closely since we came back from Corinth." She then asked two questions. "Are your breasts tender?"

"Just a little."

Hally continued, pointing between her lover's legs, "Have you had any cramps any at all?"

"Just small ones. I thought I was about to start my cycle."

She smiled when putting up a finger. "I do track that, so I know when not to put my hand down there."

"Then what are you checking?"

"I wanted to see your areola." Hally circled a nipple again.

"Why?" Larin was becoming curious.

Hally stood then sat on Larin's long legs. "I do think you are maybe pregnant. Your arerola are darker than before."

"We are maybe pregnant," Larin emphasized.

 

 

When Larin's cycle did not start for two months, she walked up to the new stone building. The Queen was known to be there most days. "Mom," the princess began, getting Gabrielle's attention.

"Hello, Larin. Did you want to see the administrative building? It's closer to being done."

"It is beautiful. This is where the tribal meetings will be, yes?"

At the queen's nod, she asked, "Is this the last one?"

Gabrielle thought as she put a finger against her lips. "I absolutely loved the Alexandrian library in Egypt when I saw it. Maybe I'll have a tower constructed to house and protect the Amazon history and any other scrolls that we have. It will be a source of education for our people."

Larin smiled as she drew finger circles on her stomach. She could not hold on to her news any longer. "My child will love it."

Queen Gabrielle looked twice with shock then carefully pulled her daughter into a hug. "Artemis has blessed us."

The princess chuckled. And so did the chest heavy barmaid with a generous backside. She brushed the unsaid thought aside. "Iolaus played a part," she stressed.

 

 

Seven months later, Larin was grateful to have Hally at her side during the pregnancy. After much reading about pregnancy and childbirth, she was able to patiently answer her questions and bestill her worries.

After hints given to her by her moms, Larin asked Hally to marry her. The couple shared vows and rings on the field spot of their first meeting just more than ten years before. Aidee attended and requested a blessing on their marriage.

Larin, heavily pregnant, leaned back into Hally's backrub. They celebrated lightly at the dining hall, but Larin grew too tired to make a long night of it. Her new wife escorted her to their hut.

A few hours later, Hally rushed to find Nagla. Poulan, a new healer, greeted her with the information that Nagla stopped seeing women late at night. Hally then quickly explained the situation and helped carry Poulan's bags.

They quickly entered the hut to find Larin kneeling on the bed.

Seeing that the child's progress had stopped, Hally prepared the blanket for the child while pleading Artemis to deliver the baby safely. Watching, while laying out towels and wet rags, Hally saw Poulan reach under, felt for the shoulders. She quickly ordered Hally to carefully turn Larin to her back. Once done, the healer set the princess' feet onto her shoulders.

Hally rubbed and softly spoke to Larin. She watched Poulan reach down and slowly push the baby back in a little. She gently twisted the child's shoulders to successfully complete the birth.

Poulan examined the baby to be sure breathing and arms were good. She cut the cord and wrapped the child after Hally cleaned her. She congratulated the newlyweds for their new daughter. Hally set her on Larin's chest so Poulan could expel the afterbirth.

 

 

One month after the last child of the Festival of Life was born, the Festival of Promise began and Amazons gathered at the temple of Ayiasos. Kendra bowed then kissed Priestess Aidee. She said, "I love you, my beautiful wife."

"And I love you, my strong warrior. I should not be staying long after the naming and blessings."

Gabrielle listened to their discussion with empathy and said, "As soon as Oresae returns, you will be home soon. I won't keep it long." She stepped in front of the altar. She began when she saw Oresae enter with the perpetual look of bliss upon her face.

Gabrielle cleared her throat and raised her hands for silence. When all eyes were on her, she addressed the crowd. "Tonight begins the Festival of Promise, when the newest members of the Nation are named and blessed by the Goddess. May those who wish to present their daughters step forth."

In preference for her caste, the mothers gathered allowed the Princess and her wife to approach the Queen first.

"What name do you give this child," the Queen asked.

"We name her Otera," Princess Larin replied.

Gabrielle smiled warmly, glad that the two of them had given the child a strong name. The Priestess stepped forward and laid her hand on the head of the baby and whispered a blessing. When she finished, the Queen took the child and raised her for all to see. "To the Amazon Nation, I present Princess Otera.

The crowd erupted into great cheers. Once the introduction was finished, Gabrielle handed the Princess back to Larin. When the first couple moved aside, the Queen repeated the process with the next mother, and so on, until all ten children were named.

"May these children bring peace and prosperity to the Nation," the Queen said in closing as she raised a silver goblet high and drank deeply from it.

"Amazons!" she shouted, smiling when it was returned many times louder.

Continued and finished in The Way of the End.

Please leave feed-back . Email ztami@hotmail.com

 

Bard's Page 

Back to the Academy