The Way of the Elders

By TZ

Copyright February 19, 2022

Legal Disclaimers:

Characters and backstory from Xena: Warrior Princess are the property of Renaissance/MCA/Studios USA. No copyright infringement is intended.

This is an original work of alternative fan fiction. No profit will be gained from its production. It was written for entertainment purposes only. This piece of fiction is copyright of the author.

Content Disclaimers:

If you are not of legal age to read the following or it is illegal where you live, then please exit this page.

Romantic love between consenting adult women.

Obvious sexual love between consenting adults. Some things in these scenes are not completely safe in any day or age.

Author's Notes: 

Continued about ten years after The Way of Alliances.

There are mentions, bets and scenes of polygamy. It was all talked about, worried about and agreed upon. I believe that I have been hinting or teasing about this since the second story, The Way of the Wolf.

It may be gratuitous, but I'll leave that up to the reader. Since I started writing this series, I started thinking of this, even when not writing.

Without knowledge of or experience with polygamy, I may have not represented it well. Please forgive me on that. I am grateful for my readers that enjoy this series.

 

The Way of the Elders

Wolf watched as Xena brought her daughters to join the small-group sparring that the Guardian had begun with her children. All of the girls had short staffs. The twins were twelve, and Larin just turned the same and Eponin, the youngest, was eleven. They wanted so much to impress their mothers. So far, though, the field was hurt more by dropped staffs. Since Xena had helped to effectively train Gabrielle, Wolf let her take the lead while the guard played the example for the youngsters to follow.

With each command, Wolf held a staff with both hands and squatted in front of the children to examine and correct any errors. She slowly showed them the move that the warrior just called out.

Before she called another command, Xena saw Gabrielle leading nine more girls. She was walking with the Festival of Life children with staffs in their hands. When they reached Xena and Wolf, the Queen became formal. She raised her right hand, holding her own staff, and slightly bowed her head. She greeted them with 'Amazons'. The children watched the woman who they wanted to be when they grew up.

The Queern inquired, "May we train with you?"

Xena and Wolf acknowledged that the Queen was the one best with a staff and let her take the lead.

The Consort replied with a nod, "We actually prefer that you train us, Queen Gabrielle. Will you, please?"

It seemed that young Amazons all wanted to be like the Queen. Gabrielle replied, "It would be my pleasure." With that, Gabrielle had the girls line up. Standing still and watching the Queen, they placed their staffs end-first into the grass.

She looked at them all and nodded her approval. Then she began training them all. As the Queen called the first order, all of the girls placed their feet like Gabrielle did and raised their staffs horizontally in front of them.

Xena and Wolf also took positions on the line and let Gabrielle train them, as well. Given that the training was focused on children, the queen kept it easy. She had plans to advance the lessons as the girls began to adjust comfortably. There were still quite a few staffs dropped, but Gabrielle encouraged them to pick them back up and resume their position.

All three warriors took notice of those that were learning the training better. The group trained for one mark until Gabrielle brought it to an end and called for a water break. "You all did good for your first day of staff training." She smiled big for them all. "We will meet again tomorrow, but after some water and resting for a little today, your trainers will begin starting in one mark on your physical exercises."

She turned around and caught Xena's hand as the warrior retrieved her own water skin. "They are all yours until lunch and after, you and Wolf can play like grown ups. I'll keep the guards with me while I take care of Queenly things." She winked then stole a quick kiss before telling the children to pay attention to the warriors.

===

After training, Gabrielle went to the temple and found Priestess Oresae sitting outside, under the trees and reading a scroll to her akolytes. The bard listened to a lesson about the Amazons' devotions to their patron goddess and of what Artemis did for her loyal followers.

On the scroll, it explained a lunar festival, celebrated for Artemis. A monthly hunt was completed to honor the Goddess during the early rise of the moon's new phase. The night before the hunt, there was a dedication around a bonfire in the square, with feasting then dancing that celebrated the goddess. The hunters then asked her to bless the hunt..

Oresae stressed the goddess' chastity, yet her patronage of childbirth. Gabrielle thought about the issue of chastity that she had read about years ago and the virgin flowers collected by the chaste Amazon children. The flowers were placed on an altar just inside of a temple to Artemis. They were the representation of the the goddess' chastity and Amazons' loss of chastity to have children. Every month during the full moon, Eponin went to a virgin field to gather flowers for her mothers.

Once the lunch bell rang, Gabrielle recognized each of the akolytes with a smile. She waited to approach Oresae until after all of the students left. She squinted her eyes a tiny bit, ready to judge the priestess' reaction.

"I was enjoying your class, Oresae, but I am curious. Has Artemis ever visited you? I've actually met a few of the gods. I just need a clarification, though, about the chastity thing. I did not ask her that one time I met her right before Larin's conception. Are we supposed to always be chaste like Artemis?"

The priestess looked down and started to twist one of her long braids. "The goddess visits all of us, her chosen people."

Although the question was not answered, the Queen nodded and stopped to bow her head with respect. "Thank you, Oresae. Would you like to sit together for lunch?"

"No thank you, Queen Gabrielle. I must organize the offerings on the altar before I eat."

The queen widened her eyes and pressed her hands together. "The offer always stands." She waved farewell and bowed at her waist to leave for lunch with her family.

The priestess entered the chapel and started on the altar. The children had placed many virgin flowers that were donations to Artemis' chastity. They were fresh, beautiful and smelled so good. Her focus was to neatly arrange them.

She heard nothing, but she felt the warm arms wrap around her as she pushed a ring of the flowers to the side. She turned and wrapped a hand around the embracing arm along her right side. Her voice was husky with desire. "My Goddess, as always, I was thinking of you." She met the descending lips halfway as she slid her hand up Artemis' arm. After caressing a bicep, she wrapped her hand around the quiver strapped to the goddess' back. With no fear of interruptions during lunch, the kiss became passionately deep.

===

A month later, Gabrielle looked at her door, as if she could see through it. She set her quill down and called out her permission to enter her small work chamber, which was already crowded with crates of scrolls and maps rolled up to preserve them.

She greeted her guests with a smile that grew wide. She stood and physically met the two that came in and opened her arms to widely embrace Kendra. "How was your journey?"

"Aidee thought it was educational. She loved the temple at Ayiasos"

The bard grinned as she leaned closer to look into the courier's eyes when she asked, "And what did you think?"

"There is a huge field. Very green. Training will be fantastic."

"I've heard stories of the trees and mountains." Gabrielle looked at a painting that had been taken off the wall. "What of Mytilene?"

Carefully walking over to get a long kiss from her wife, Xena joined them and answered, "It was calm and clean. Enough shops to tickle your buying sprees."

Smiling and thanking Kendra, Gabrielle waved her out of her room, which started to get more crowded with guests.

Wolf greeted Xena with an arm clasp. "You were gone long enough."

Trying to hurry what had been planned, the queen reached out to catch hold of Xena's hand. She asked after a paused look into the warrior's eyes. She trusted her wife's judgment. "What do you think, Xena? Have I made a bad decision?"

Pointing at the painting on the floor that was leaning back on a chair, the Consort shook her head. "The reality does not compare with your painting." She pulled the Queen into her arms. "The Nation's capital would have incredible natural defenses."

Wolf put her thoughts into the discussion. "The tasks of dismantling our lives, moving and rebuilding would benefit the Nation."

Xena nodded before a quick kiss to her wife's forehead. "Arna's tribe will help us get onto the boat just for the kind gift of Amazonia."

Gabrielle rethought events and decisions. The Advisor meeting had gone well six months ago.

Advisors began to arrive. When they became seated, Wolf closed the door and went to sit across from Xena. She watched the Consort until the Queen stood and began talking. The guard watched her walk and paid attention when she began to talk.

"I would like to discuss with you the thoughts that I have had about relocating the Nation's Capitol."

After that start, she had sat down and taken a drink of water. She put the future of the nation first. "Athens has recently begun a war beyond their naval abilities. Aside from the cannon shots that have destroyed Nafplion, they have started land battles against Argos. With as small as their land forces are compared to their navy, they have added more effort into conscriptions. We have known these as facts. What we need to do, though, is to be proactive. Relocating is not a coward's way, it's how We will save our children, Our Future."

Ephiny leaned forward and looked at the Queen. "Relocate to where?"

Gabrielle stood again and walked over to the scolls. She raised her hands then shrugged. "Despite the written thoughts of these men, philosophers, historians and writers, the only one thing they have in common is that Lesbos is a paradise island of beauty and peace. We can send out scouts to firsthand verify this One positive point." Gabrielle began to pace with hand demonstrations. "Consider your children. Do you want them to know peace and a lifetime of happiness?" She paced to the wall map of Amazonian. She waved at it with stress. "Do you want to see the Amazon Nation grow strong?" She walked back to the end of table and laid her hands on it. It easily bore her weight as she leaned forward. We must do this!"

Xena put her thoughts out there. "I think of my children when I say that I volunteer to scout and survey Lesbos regarding any benefits to the Amazons." She steadfastly looked at Gabrielle, waiting to see if she would disagree. She truly was surprised to see a nod of agreement.

The open meeting was smooth.

"Well, they did lose Garalis after the fires started by Athens." She remembered the other reason for Xena's trip. "Was the offer for that land acceptable?"

The Consort nodded with a smile. "Given the Peloponnesian War and the Persians being a stone's throw away, the coin combined with an allied protection pact with the Amazons guarding the island, it was quite acceptable. We now have the rights to a large chunk of Lesbos."

The queen joyously declared, "We are officially Lesbians!"

Wolf bowed her head and said, "I have always been one." After her joke, the guard praised the Queen. "You, Gabrielle, must have written an award-winning scroll to the leader of Mytilene."

Xena was about to share her delivery's reception and the scroll's acceptance, however, discussions were interrupted by the lunch bell. The room emptied and the women continued to talk about the island when they left to eat.

Xena had her arms over Gabrielle and Wolf's shoulders. "There are basically six cities led independently by ambassadors, generally. We coordinated the meeting with the leader named Graus of Mytilene, the largest city. He believes in alliances, so your scroll and reputation bought that land just as much as the Amazon trade money did."

Wolf stretched across Xena's back to pat Gabrielle. "See, you should always care about your good reputation."

Putting her hand down to push away Wolf's palm. "You can touch that later."

The Consort stopped the both of them. "If we ever talk about that again, maybe you can touch later. Now, though, figure out your lists to get to Lesbos."

"Work before play," Ephiny piped in with a quiet laugh.

Solari added, "The Amazon way."

===

After a filling meal of leftover stew, Gabrielle began discussing with Xena the emigration of the women of Amazonia.

She had started thinking of it over ten years ago when Athens started the war on the Peloponnese. With that time's amount of thinking and then discussing it with her Regent, things were put on hold until the Council and open meetings.

Hearing that they got their land, a few women quickly finished lunch to go start packing. Wolf kissed  her daughters so they could begin. When word got around even more, the dining hall emptied quickly except for the Royal Family, Wolf and a few elders. The other women of the Amazon capital were packing their personal items.

The space that they were clearing would become housing for the women of Garalis who were displaced by the Greek fire catapulted upon them by the Athenians. Those that were not lost were camping on the nothern field until huts were available for them.

"I believe our things and those of the girls won't take too long," Gabrielle said as she thought of what little amount they had to actually pack. "I'm already missing our bed," Gabrielle moaned as she looked at the ceiling.

Xena kissed her wife's soft lips. Thinking of their things being packed on a cart, the Consort ran a hand through the bard's hair. "It's not too long of a boat ride once we ship everything to Patras." She stood with her wife. They left to go start packing.

Quickly, Xena responded as she lovingly took the queen's left hand, "You didn't mind the ground when we first started traveling together."

The bard placed her free hand against her chest. With an incredulous expession, she dramatically cried, "I slept mostly on you and in those days, we weren't old yet."

A small table at which a few elders were still sitting, bounced a little bit across the floor. Roesta smacked Laera's arm as she started laughing. To be heard by the Royal couple, Kepra loudly said, "They still aren't old yet. I swear their mamas just changed their diapers to little girl breeches."

Xena looked over her shoulder at the elders and laughed. "The healers do still have some of that muscle cream for you, ladies."

Shaking her head, Gabrielle started pulling Xena out of the dining hall. Humor always relieved the stress of moving.

===

A hint of more humor flavored what Gabrielle said as they walked past the carts being packed. "Before my old body takes a long vacation, I do want do a light sparring with the girls and chobos."

"Why those?"

"Using different muscles will make them stronger faster."

Xena nodded as she spread her fingers along the Queen's. When their fingers laced, the Consort chuckled. "Are you going to start a full circuit of training now?"

Gabrielle shrugged and threw her unheld hand up. "If women were allowed to watch the Olympic games, I'd borrow some of their training."

Xena laughed up to the sky. "Those athletes stole their training from the Amazons." Lowering her head, she whispered to her wife, "Stick to what you are already very good at." Nuzzling her cheek, the warrior complimented the queen's staff work.

Gabrielle turned her head quickly to steal a kiss. In doing so, she spied Oresae walking to the dining hall while brushing a braid over her lips. The queen, knowing the look of postcoital pleasure, raised a finger to her thoughts. She rubbed her forehead and chuckled at herself. She wanted to tell Eponin that the virgin flowers are beautiful and that the priestess liked arranging them for Artemis.

===

The next morning, Gabrielle and Xena woke early. They stood up from the bedroll on the hut floor and called to the princesses across the room. When everyone was ready, they walked out to the square and got tubes of seasoned breakfast. Still not a fan of eating from cleaned intestines, the Queen did accept the source of energy and protein squeezed into one.

Sure that everything was about ready to go to Patras, Gabrielle put her arms around Larin and Eponin. "Arna and her warriors will be joining us soon," she explained to the girls as the square began filling up with other Amazons double checking carts and verifying that the the tarps were strapped on.

Larin nodded with childish enthusiasm. "Are they like the guarding warriors of 'you haul'?"

Gabrielle chuckled at her older daughter. "That sounds about right. But we still need to double-check our bags and rooms to make sure everything was packed. Once it's all good, we'll put our things in the cart with our beds." Gabrielle watched as Eponin pulled away and ran to the hut that she used to share with Larin.

The royal bed and the bed shared by their daughters, were dismantled by the Xena and Gabrielle last night then packed into a cart. That cart was now covered with a loose tarp. Larin looked at the cart and leaned against it. "But it's already full and heavy. Argo will kick it if she has to move it."

The Queen pushed a soft lock of raven hair off of her daughter's forehead, which was already high enough to kiss without ducking much. "She'll be okay. Arna's tribe brought work horses to help us. Besides, you know that your mother will be riding her."

"Onigemi is coming, right?"

Looking over at the pasture gate, she saw her new horse. The mare was often seen there,  watching the recent activity in the square. She was the same size as Argo with Beast's glossy black hide. "Of course she is. Xena worked hard training her for me. Just like her daddy, Gemi hates tackle."

"Are you riding her to the new village?"

"To the ship now and when we get to Lesbos, to where the Nation's new capitol will be."

"Is this a big adventure?"

Eponin slid back underneath Gabrielle's arm. "Of course," she replied to her big sister's comment. "Always is when Amazons do it."

The queen waved Larin off to check her hut. She watched her for a second before giving Eponin a motherly cheek kiss. Gabrielle, hearing Gemi's tackle, pardoned herself and went to open the pasture gate to bring her horse out. She had already been fit and saddled. Gabrielle's staff was held horizontally to her side.

Gabrielle petted her forelocks and gave her a kiss. She gave her a short pep talk about what was happening. The talk was for both of them. It calmed nerves that were starting to frazzle."You are a beautiful girl."

"So are you."

Gabrielle's smile grew as she watched Wolf walk up next to her with Beast and a small chestnut mare. Like Beast, the newest mare was also trained by Wolf to never wander when released unless commanded differently.

Asking with a raised brow, Wolf heard Gabrielle's whisper. "Has that poor thing been named yet?"

The Guardian waggled her hand. "When training her, I called her Kalee. The twins are debating her nickname."

"Kalee stays calm with both of them riding her?"

Wolf waved a hand at the leather draped on her. "I compromised. Whoever sits up front gets the control of the reins and stirrups. Back seat has to be quiet. They paper, rock and scissor away from Kalee to determine the front seater.

Gabrielle looked at the double saddles, joined together. Only the front one had stirrups. "I usually see Zasha in front."

Wolf laughed as she watch her girls walk over from behind the closest hut. "Zasha is learning how to psyche opponents into submission with her expression."

"Or lack of one," the Queen replied with a smile. I might apprentice her to our negotiators."

"Why didn't you send them to Lesbos to work on the buy?" The guard was curious.

"I trust Xena's opinions more than a couple of sharks," Gabrielle replied.

===

Arna's warriors, with Xena, attached two work horses to each cart. They verified that the fasteners between all six carts and the twelve work horses, were secure. Only the royal family packed their beds, whereas all were carrying their camping gear tied to their horses.

Workers like Jael, Raemi and Oresae packed their tools into seperate carts for the forge, the kitchen and the temple. The warriors packed weapons that were not carried every day in another. Ritual and everyday clothing for each Amazon was packed in the last with the crates from the queen's work room.

After helping Xena to tie the tarp on their cart, Gabrielle mounted Gemi and gave Larin a hand up. She observed the Amazons and the progress of the move. She watched as the twins mounted Kalee. Wolf, on Beast, seemed to tower over them. Once Arna's warriors were ready and Xena mounted Argo with Eponin, the group lined up. With some warriors and guards leading, the carts followed and the Nation's tribe began emigrating.

Behind the carts, it was Wolf, the Queen, the twins then Xena, all beside each other. Ephiny and Solari were followed by guards and the remaining Amazons. When the trail was narrower, Gabrielle moved behind Xena and twins behind her. The twins stayed quiet so that their mom, who was behind them, could hear. It was a long and slow journey, but it was uneventful. All of the others on the road to Patras knew to not even try to accost an Amazon Nation on the move. The visible weapons stirred more than enough caution.

After four hours, the Amazons reached their ship.

The captain, a believer of the bad omen of women on ships, said a prayer to Posiedon. He watched as the women walked their carts and horses up the loading dock. They said farewell to the other women on the pier, who bowed to and hugged the short blonde.

After saying thank you and goodbye to Arna, Gabrielle climbed the dock before it was taken off the ship. Once on the deck, she joined her family. She saw Xena looking at the eastern horizon and did the same. "I don't see any bad weather."

Xena nodded with agreement. "It's going to take about twenty hours. Will you need any squid?"

Remembering that taste, she patted her wife's back. I'll let you know when you can play with my pressure points."

Wolf said with a playful smirk, "After that comment, not saying a word to you two...now." She squeezed by them to go talk with the twins.

Wolf's squeezing along the crowded deck, drew the bard's attention. Gabrielle saw how the carts and horses were arranged on the sides of the deck, tied to the rails. The warriors were standing where there was room to be ready if needed. Most of the Amazons were in the hold, occasionally updated with the ship's progress.

About fifteen hours after departure, Xena tapped her wife's shoulder as she pointed to some land north of them. "That's Crete and you can see the castle and catapults from here."

Gabrielle squinted at the far-away shapes. "That's where the Minotaur was? I can see why he might have been miserable."

"That's why they have no threats from the Athenians."

===

A little later than expected, the voyage ended at the harbor of Polichnitos. Warriors tied the ship to an open berth. Once that was done, the Amazons began leading the work horses and their war steeds down the dock, Wolf and Xena led Argo, Gemi and Beast down. The Amazons, organized like they were before, and began making their way to the land between Mytilene on the northeast of the island and Polichnitos on the west coast inlet. It took one hour to reach the grassy land, part plain, but holding small boulders.

Following Xena's example, they all stopped and began getting off their horses to stand on the soft grass. All listened when the Queen ordered them all to sit and relax, to appreciate their land that will be the Amazon Nation's new capital.

It had been twenty-four hours since they had left Amazonia. Some laid in the grass, rubbing their hands on it. Their hope and excitement to begin their new lives was obvious in the way that they jumped back up to begin. Sleep was not a luxury that would continue moving them to their future. Ephiny walked over to Xena to give her a list that she pulled out of her bracer. It had been written before the move.

The group leaders approached the Consort and Regent. They began discussing resources that they could see and plans to gather and use them. The youngsters began removing the lighter bags from the carts. Xena read the list and nodded in agreement with both the list and the group leaders. It was time to begin.

The elders grouped together to discuss the planning of the buildings and their locations. They had played some parts in their long lives with the planning and improvements at Amazonia. Jael crossed to her cart of forge materials. She found her fasteners bag. It was heavy, full of building nails. She set them aside and indicated to the other elders where they were.

Warriors started emptying the carts and setting everything on and under tarps. The carts would be ready for other uses after the horses were rested.

Gabrielle separated from the others. She raised her fingers to her lips as she examined what she saw while slowly rotating. She could hear the grass brushing against her leather boots. The desciptions given by Xena and Kendra were very accurate. She imagined how the Nation would utilize the fields, the trees and the mountains. She squinted at a knoll to the north of the field where she was standing.

There were so many trees to use for hiding archers and sentries, from which to gather lumber to build huts, pyres and bonfires.

To the south, she cold see the spires of the temple in Ayiasos. It was written about, the doors of Dendritic Quartz for Artemis. She had read about that one, the poems and stories by the bards local to the island. She could imagine Wolf getting married there.

There were the stone mountains further north, as Xena had explained them, along the Aegean coast. They would be a defense and a building material for their border markers and a well that they would talk around. She could already see it. It was going to be the Nation's capital. She started spinning again but stopped when the barest of ocean wind caught her smiling face. The salt air smelled so good.

She opened her arms wide as if catching the wind. She cheered when Xena wrapped her arms around Gabrielle. Holding the queen tight, the warrior spun her around and kissed her. They looked deep into each other's eyes and kissed again. "I do think this was a good decision."

Gabrielle gave her wife another kiss before sharing her plans. Holding up a hand, she pushed one finger down, saying, "First, huts for our beds. Second, find the cold and warm springs that Wolf said she could smell. Third, Nagla's healing rooms. Fourth, the stables for the horses. Fifth, an armory."

"Don't forget the forge," Jael stressfully said with a light smack on Gabrielle's arm. "We have to keep your warriors happy." She turned around to walk backwards with her idle, empty hands in the air.

Passing the metalsmith, Wolf stopped running across the large field when she reached Gabrielle. She took a moment for a few deep breaths. "The craftswomen are going with Solari to pick out some trees to start cutting and building a few huts and the warriors are going with Ephiny to find rocks for cookfires. I'm going to locate those springs. The girls will gather some firewood and tinder."

Heavily exhaling, Gabrielle reminded herself that it will all be done one day at a time. She raised her lips for another kiss from her consort.

Xena returned to the here and now after softly touching her wife's cheek. "Let's go check the tarp on the grass to make sure that our bed is still protected. It's going to take some time to put a roof over our heads and it will be dark in about seven marks. After that, I'll check with the builders which woodcutting tools will be needed to cut wood for the huts."

===

Even though they had made some progress choosing trees and cutting them down, the craftswomen looked at the hut plans with the elders. The papyrus was spread out over an empty cart. They all nibbled on some seasoned, dried venison while exchanging their thoughts about the field and the small boulders just north of them.

Archers returned from scouting the island for possible game. They shared with the Queen their survey. Half went north to meet with the stone collectors. The remainder started keeping watch, as the people local to the island were gathering in small groups far away to the south, east and west.

Gabrielle watched as the woodcutters began sizing the trees, marking the wood with dagger marks. She approached the craftswomen about the possibilities of using berries they brought with them to help the cutters mark their wood. The craftswomen nodded and gave their queen a vial of ink already prepared and a sturdy quill to mark the measurements.

Just past midday, Ephiny returned with a few warriors and the stone cart. She asked the planning group where they would like to put the fire stones. After a quick walk north, they dropped four staffs to frame the stone area. The Regent waved the warriors to bring the cart over for the emptying and arranging. The young Amazons gathered branches and tinder to start the fire. Gabrielle, after seeing that the ink quill was working great for the cutters, shifted her attention to the fire that had been started for a dinner later.

She met up with Raemi near the fire and smiled at the small pigs and pheasants that the archers brought back. She quickly gathered a pig and sat down in the grass off to the side next to Raemi, who started bleeding another pig. She thanked the couriers when the rest were delivered to them. When done doing her current task, she tied the pigs' back feet together and laid them on their sides. The remaining were finished quickly in the same manner.  Gabrielle got one of the kitchen roasting bars and helped the cook thread it through the pork legs to be hung and drained into a small channel dug quickly. Waiting on the pigs, they began plucking the pheasants.

===

Ephiny had just picked up the staffs and put them back where the elders had gotten them. She heard the bird call, a warning of an approaching villager. The Regent looked around and saw the young lady slowly approaching the scattered groups of workers. She returned a call to stand down, but she made sure that her dagger was handy.

When they reached each other, they stood a short span apart. After a greeting, the young lady bravely asked, "Are you Queen Gabrielle?"

Keeping a neutral face, the Regent studied the young woman who repeatedly pushed blonde locks from her face to behind her ears. Ephiny requested, "Who is asking?"

"I am Halryan, but my older brother asked me to ask you. He knows you are Amazons who hate men and he doesn't want to be killed. But I did tell him that Uncle Menara said that the Amazons are good. They saved and helped to rebuild Terlava."

"I am not Queen Gabrielle, but I can pass any messages to her."

Halryan continued to scan the women actively working. "I don't see anyone just standing around. That's what strong leaders do, right?"

Ephiny chuckled and turn to look at what the young woman was seeing. "Halryan, Amazons are different. Every member of the tribe, including the leaders, work hard as a group."

The young lady nodded her understanding. She continued, "My brother wanted to offer help with the heavy things or stuff that women don't understand."

The Regent had to thank Gabrielle for the acting lesson and Xena for her examples of stoicism. She hid her incredulous reaction well. "I'm positive that the queen would appreciate the offer, but we've got it all good now. We will remember to keep you in mind if we have any issues."

===

Ephiny watched as Halryan walked back to her brother. She then watched to where the group went. There were a handful of farms outside of the gates around the castle of Mytilene, but they walked inside the castle gate.

She knew that she had to tell the Queen. She saw Gabrielle with Raemi and jogged over. She sat next to Gabrielle and started plucking before she started talking. The pheasant was finished quickly with the both of them. Raemi took the finished bird to disembowel and wash it.

The Regent saw that the Queen's attention was all on her. "I heard the call regarding the local coming onto our land." She stood to start getting from Raemi's kitchen cart the metal plates and forks. The regent jumped up to help. The pair set them on a waist-high boulder close to the fire.

Ephiny told the Queen about Halryan and her brother. In addition to retelling the events, she added, "I believe they are related to Menara of Terlava."

Gabrielle's eyes widened as she tugged the Regent to help push a cask of watered wine on its short wheeled cart. As they slowly pushed it close to the boulder, she replied, "That's a blast from the recent past." She then saw the girls and signalled them over. When they got to her, the queen ordered them to retrieve the cups.

Loosening the stopper on her skin, Ephiny put a small amount of the wine into it. She sampled it and sighed happily. "Wine tastes good, and no hangovers." She wiped her lips with the back of her hand. "I do want to talk more with Halryan, about when and why they relocated to Lesbos."

Gabrielle accepted a small collection of cups, which grew quickly. She stacked them on the boulder. The 12 girls collected them all in one trip. "Fantastic, girls. Thank you."

The two women saw that Raemi was ready to cook the pheasants. They checked to see the piglets were done draining blood. As the cook had already set up a set of metal stakes into the ground next to the fire, Gabrielle and Ephiny carried the bar of pigs over to hang and arrange them them over the fire. After checking the heat with a palm, the cook added more wood. The pheasants were sitting on a large metal plate over the lighter side of the fire. The girls listened to what Larin had said then followed the princess to get more branches for the cook. The Queen kissed her daughter before looking around for her wife.

===

She saw the warrior operating half of a wood saw, pushing it to cut a tree into a board length. A strong warrior was pulling the other side. They alternated back and forth until the tree was cut. Once the tree was finished, it was laid in the grass where a short blade was hammered into it.

With that marked cut, the builder used a heavier and sharper blade. Standing wide-legged over her work, she began. She malleted each side of the blade down the length of the limb. An apprentice adjusted the blade to keep the board straight. They managed to cut eight feet in one hour.

From one cut tree that was six inches thick, they were able to cut five straight boards for dwellings. Five boards took five hours. The craftswoman wrote down notes about her cutting and gave it to her apprentice to deliver it to the queen for approval. When she saw another tree cut for her, she knew her project was going to last a while. Just one hut would be forty hours to just cut the boards.

Ephiny saw Gabrielle's target and was going to walk over to the groups cutting the trees until she saw Wolf returning. She turned to meet her halfway. Meeting the Guard, she asked, "Did you find the springs?"

"Yes. Fortunately, the warm spring is in a discrete, private area. They are a five minute walk south and in a cave. The cold spring is not far and above ground. The Queen will love them." Then Wolf wiggled her eyebrows.

Blonde curls bounced as the Regent laughed. "She's not the only one that values privacy."

Wolf patted Ephiny's shoulder and shared, "I recognize your honey-deep groan when I'm hunting."

The blonde tilted her head and with a grin, replied. "At least I don't howl."

The immortal inhaled deeply with those memories. She closed her eyes tight until the Regent hugged her tight and apologized. Wolf kissed her cheek lightly and leaving the past deep in her heart, said that she would let Gabrielle know about the springs.

The regent looked up at the sky turning to dusk and went back to start returning the empty carts to the side of the work projects and released the horses from their work and moved them to an area holding a water trough and feed barrel. With the guard's help, they hobbled the steeds' legs.

"We better tell Gabrielle and Xena about the springs so the ladies can wash before dinner." The Regent patted Wolf's back in appreciation for the horses.

===

Learning from Wolf about the springs, Gabrielle loudly clapped her hands. Happy to think of bathing and even more so, because the children found everyone's bathing supplies and laid them out to be grabbed. Gabrielle signalled an end to everyone's work. She was grateful that the stone workers had already returned.

Larin asked Wolf to show them where the springs were then they showed the hard workers where they were, ten at a time. After short baths, everyone was ready for dinner.

It was the first dinner on their new homeland. All of the Amazons sat on the cool grass to eat and be with their children. They raised their cups to praise Artemis.

The Queen stood and raised her hand for attention. "I know that Amazons do not forget festivals, but our moving bumped the Day of Life. We will still participate in a month, but we will be reducing how many women of each class participate. We might not have possible battles to fight right now, but we have a capital to build. Everybody, talk to your class leader and think about your choice and we will hopefully meet next month inside of standing walls."

When Gabrielle sat back down, conversations erupted in groups on the eating area.

Once they celebrated their first meal, the Amazons retrieved their horses and camp gear. After their horses were hobbled in a group, they laid their gear around a fire that the young Amazons had started.

Close to a fire that the Consort started, Gabrielle spread out the bedrolls for the girls and her and her wife. She looked to the side and smiled at Wolf's arrival. The Guardian spread her roll a little bit away from the Royal Couple. She simply explained it was a new land with new neighbors that might not be trustworthy. Xena approached her family and pushed Wolf, who was about to settle to her roll. She landed closer to the Queen.

"I trust both of you," she stated as she placed her weapons next to her side and laid down.

The Nation was exhausted and fell to a fast sleep on their new land.

===

Five days later, the Queen and Consort studied their new hut, just finished. After the roof was set and latched down, the Queen's unassembled bed was put in the hut. The couple walked in and looked at the nearly bare space.

"It's bigger than I thought," Gabrielle whispered.

"You are worth every quare foot." Xena pulled her wife into a hug and kissed her deeply. "Let's go build the bed before we lose our control to behave." Remembering the first time that it was done, it went fast.

They both answered the knock at their door. Pushing the portal cover to the side, they invited in their daughters and guard, all bearing possessions. Larin set the linens on the mattress. Eponin set some of their clothes on the floor. Wolf  hammered nails after location approval, for the Queen's Ceremonial leathers and mask. She left then came back in with saddle bags and a whip. Ephiny and Solari then came in with the trunk and set it down.

"We hope ours is as nice," Eponin said after the attempt of a faint whistle.

Xena kissed her daughter's crown and reminded her, "It will be nice. It just won't be as big."

Ephiny nodded. "After this one, the other huts are going to happen faster. You ladies should get yours tomorrow."

The sisters then hugged and whispered something that the both of them understood. "Mom, can we sleep outside again tonight?"

Gabrielle glanced at Xena and gave her approval. She was already eager for their first night.

Clearing her throat, Wolf got their attention. "I will be off with Ephiny to cut some more trees. Xena has your backside." Then softly said with a lascivious grin, "And your front, and both flanks."

Solari stole a quick kiss from the regent before saying, "I'm to the mountain for stones."

Not to be forgotten, Gabrielle announced that she would be caring for the horses and reading their Land Claim."

Xena stopped her wife with an arm block. "I'll bring your crates in here."

With a slow, sultry kiss, Gabrielle gratefully thanked her wife with a quick slip of her tongue across the warrior's lips. "I thank you." They walked outside together with hands clasped.

===

After a quick run to Polichnitos to search for a gift for Aidee, Kendra returned with several that she bought with money given to her from Graus. The old man had given her coins for just giving him some water to help with a cough that he had.

She then had run to Mytilene to find the blonde that Ephiny had mentioned to her. Finding her in a local shop, Kendra shared a verbal invitation to come back and meet with the Amazon that talked with her before.

Back in the new Amazonia, she hid Aidee's gift in her bedroll and her last two gifts were for the Queen. She saw her brushing Gemi, so she carefully approached. "Queen Gabrielle."

Gabrielle turned to look at Kendra and smiled. She saw the blue skin held by the courier. Kendra held the skin over to the Queen. "This is a drink made locally called ouzo. It is made from grapes. I thought that you and Xena would like it." She gave her the other one, wrapped securely. "This is the other one that I heard you and Xena talking about."

After a hug, the queen accepted the gifts. She was curious about the second, but just tucked it into her waist belt. "Thank you, Kendra. Have you gotten the lay of the land here?"

Kendra thought of what she had learned in such little time. "The best harbor out so far that I have seen is Polichnitos. There are merchants just out of Mytilene that are not Greek. Xena might want to check them. I have already heard talk all over about us being on Lesbos."

"Bad opinions?"

Putting her hand palm-up like she was weighing something, she shrugged her shoulders."More good than bad, depending on whether it's a man's or woman's opinion."

The bard nodded as she remembered tales she had heard long ago at the Academy and what she had read years ago. "More women with greater free power would benefit us. Lesbos basically has a matriarchal society."

"Then this really is our place."

"Again, thank you for the ouzo. We will enjoy it tonight."

===

That night, Gabrielle laid in bed, reading by a few candles' light. She shifted her focus to Xena, who was as usual, sharpening her sword. She put aside the scroll on a newly made table on her side. She reached out to touch her wife's back. She playfully reached under her shift and felt the hot skin. "Kendra got us a skin of local ouzo. I wanted to share it with you tonight. And another gift that we had been talking about a few days ago."

Thinking of the ouzo, she pointed at the bottom of the bed. "The blue skin down there on the bench?"

Xena checked the blade's sharpness before putting her sword on the floor. "My Queen's command is my pleasure." She stood to get the wine and push the portal aside. "We've got drink to share and to thank you for helping today." She welcomed her friend into the new Royal Home.

Unseen, Aphrodite watched with curiosity. She sat on the bench, her fingers wiping the gossamer on her curled leg. She already knew about this attraction. She figured the semantics could not be argued against. Technically, Wolf was guarding Gabrielle. Silently snapping her fingers, a glass of wine appeared. She carefully cradled it in her hand. She just wanted to see what would happen.

Wolf was hesitant, but Xena pulled her in. "Just lay down," Xena said. "Gabrielle missed her bed and wants to share it." She laid on the right side of the bed and Gabrielle moved to the other side. She patted the empty space on the bed between them. "Come on and try this, Wolf. The small taste I had was so good." She showed her the skin.

Receiving it from the queen, Xena opened the stopper and took a drink. "Wow. This will grow hair."

The Queen took a smaller drink and handed the skin to Wolf. "Maybe it will make all of the bad stuff disappear." She pulled her guard onto the bed.

She was enjoying the drink, but wanted to talk about their progress. All three talked about the wood and huts. The stones and the well. Gabrielle thought after five more huts, they should focus on the dining hall and stables. Jael had been happily busy with the huts' but was missing a forge where she could organize her tools.

Xena took another drink and passed the skin over to Wolf. "That is a good flavor," the warrior said.

Drinking deep, Wolf remarked, "A silky smooth taste." She took another drink and missed the Queen's look over to her wife. The guard passed the skin to Gabrielle, who took another small drink.

The look was seen by the goddess, though. Aphrodite sat straight up.

Xena asked as her wife handed the skin back to her, "How was Gemi for you yesterday, with two rides and the ship?"

The queen reached over Wolf to trail her fingers up Xena's arm. In the process, she let her elbrow brush across the immortal's chest. "Xena, she was a perfect horse. You trained her so well." With gratitude, she leaned over Wolf to heavily kiss her wife. As the kiss deepened, Wolf, at first tried to squirm out from under Gabrielle, but her left hand stilled as it sat on Gabrielle's body.

Listening to her friends kiss, Wolf only thought of love. She could only remember love that she once had. Her hand began to stroke along Gabrielle's back. She raised her face to smell the bard's soaped skin. When her hand drifted lower to lightly squeeze an ass cheek, the Queen pushed up to look at at Wolf.

Wolf realized what was happening and she panicked. She again started squirming.

"Stop!"

Aphrodite's hold on her wine weakened a bit. The Queen's tone started a heat wave to begin between her legs

The second that Wolf heard the Queen's voice, she obeyed, laid still and waited. This time, she did see the looks between the two of them.

"Open your mouth," Xena ordered. When she did as she was told, she then heard, "Drink." She swallowed the small drink given to her. She did not miss the drop that Xena let fall slowly just below the Guard's bottom lip.

"Well I don't want to waste this," Gabrielle said as she lowered her mouth to lick that fallen drop. The mouth contact started a slow kiss.

And when Wolf caught Gabrielle's upper lip with her teeth, it became heavier. The Guardian's hands resumed to squeezing and pressing the Queen's body deeper into hers. Afraid of any reaction, Wolf managed to pull her face away and push Gabrielle to the side. She just laid there, still and looking at the new roof.

"I do think that she was liking that." Xena trailed a finger down her friend's cheek.

Wolf's eyes tried to quickly focus on the warrior. "I'm sorry. I didn't want it to go that far."

Xena slowly walked her fingers across Wolf's stomach. "She did, though, and with you. With you, I don't mind."

Aphrodite's hand threw the wine back to Aphrodisias and began to fan her hands in front of her face.

Wolf quickly inhaled when she felt the warrior's fingers on her skin. She asked, "Why?"

"We were unhappy with you keeping your distance, when you ran or died. You are part of our family. The little bit of time that you gave us, Gabrielle knew what part of our family completed her happiness. When Gabrielle wants to be happy, I do my best to fulfill her wishes."

Xena raised her hand under Wolf's shirt. When she felt immortal's heart beating so fast, she took another step towards Gabrielle's happiness. To satisfy a curiosity, the Consort slowly and hesitantly began kissing the Guardian. The Queen smiled so bright when the other women began kissing with more intent.

Belief was seemingly stolen and Wolf let her hands stroke both lovers. A vision of her wife Eponin appeared. The misty image, whose fingers on her lips did not hide her happy expression. Receiving the approval from beyond, Wolf began removing Xena's shift. When she revealed Xena's breasts, she pulled one side down to her mouth and pulled Gabrielle closer to kiss and and suck the left. They shared another kiss while pressing up to completely fill their hands.

Xena rose and stood to walk away. She saw Gabrielle's expression, looking at her. The Queen sat and disentangled from the bedding. She pushed her hair out of her face to easily look at both women. She thought of a simple word that was effectively commanding. She looked deep into her Consort's eyes. They were accepting and loving her. She turned her head to look at Wolf. She placed a hand on the Guardian. The Queen was intensely studying her. With her strongest voice after she stood, she ordered, "Strip. Both of you now."

The goddess raised to sit on her knees. Her legs began to tremble.

Pulling off her own night shift, Gabrielle felt a great freedom with the the sea breeze coming through the open window that she then shuttered. Turning, she saw both women were waiting for her on the bed.

"Cold?" Xena's left brow quirked up.

Gabrielle teased when she covered her breasts then slid her hands off to slowly pinch her frigid nipples. Seeing them, Wolf moved and raised the sheet for her then crawled back in on her left. Gabrielle bit her bottom lip and beckoned her wife. It was not long until all three women warmed up.

"I love you, Xena."

The Consort leaned over and slowly kissed her wife. "I love you, too, my blessed Queen."

Both could hear her smile when Wolf claimed, "I love you both." The Guardian leaned over Gabrielle to lightly kiss them. She reached out to cup Xena's neck, stating, "Just to say, you two need to claim your hut alone."

Gabrielle reached up to gently pull Wolf's hand free from Xena. "We already did," she confessed. "Quickie after our bath earlier."

Shaking her head with humor, Wolf reached over again to Xena's neck to pull her face closer for a kiss. She felt the queen once more catch hold of her hand. She then relaxed and let Gabrielle use and move her strong hand to caress the other warrior. She felt the breasts with which she was already familiar. Wolf lowered her head to smell the blonde's skin again. A strong hand slipped in to raise a breast to her attention.

Aphrodite watched close as long as she could. This was an ultra-uber Aphrodisiac too strong for her, just an arm's length away.

Wolf promised to never forget the night. When her fingers felt an unmistakable wetness, she bit a nipple before sucking it into her mouth. Gabrielle's pace picked up before releasing Wolf's hand. Reaching up, the guard offered her wet fingers to the queen. Tasting it, Gabrielle began to love Xena with her own hand.

Just that moment, the love goddess disappeared to hide any spontaneous combustion. She wished a fire brigade line to be waiting in her temple.

The Queen gasped when two hands began entering her. She felt both against her thighs. She began raising her hips to ride them both. She knew that her first orgasm was about to start when she felt that the two hands between her legs clasp onto each other while exploring her deeply. Wolf bit onto her nipple again, driving her over the edge. She got a long and deep kiss from Xena to hide what they all knew was happening. The Queen came with a loud scream, muffled by her Consort's tongue in her mouth.

===

The next morning, Wolf could taste more than ouzo on her tongue. The beginning of a stretch had her reaching to the right. She embraced her lovers of the previous night. Two hands caressed her arm. Rising to roll onto her knees, she winced a little. "I am getting old." She lowered her mouth to kiss Gabrielle and Xena. "Good morning, both of you."

Xena pushed Gabrielle's hair out of her eyes and kissed her sweetly. "Good morning, Love. How are you and that nibbled on nipple feeling?"

Remembering last night quite clearly, she rubbed her left breast and looked at the nipple. It was still there. "Anyone want breakfast?"

Xena and Wolf quickly donned their leathers and armor. They placed their swords into their scabbards. Xena was twirling her chakram on her index finger as she walked through the portal, of which, Wolf was holding the leather hide. Gabrielle came out, pushing her hair behind her ears. She smiled at Wolf and asked, "Did you enjoy your night?"

The Guardian shrugged. "That ouzo was good." She then winked as she walked with her Queen. Both watched when Xena reached the breakfast crowd. They paused when she then turned around.

They waved when the Consort jogged to them. The consort turned her back to the other Amazons. "Even though we kind of managed to keep things quiet last night, the others are talking about what they bet on the three of us.

"Does that bother you?" Gabrielle was waiting for the response.

Xena laid a hand on Gabrielle's shoulder. She looked at the both of them. "No. It doesn't bother me. They all know that we've loved each other for a long time." She gave her wife a deep kiss and lifted Wolf's face to kiss her, too. She twirled her fingers to indicated that they whey should kiss each other.

Wolf looked deep into their eyes. "I do love you both."

Accusing the guard with a smile, Xena said, "You love Gabrielle more."

The shorter woman jumped to smack her old commander. "Only because she screams louder than me." She rubbed a hand down the Queen's arm. "I've been wanting to have someone take that badge from me."

Shaking her head and kissing her daughters, the Queen waved to the Amazons. Taking her wife's hand, she approached the newly made buffet table and got two plates, handing one to Xena. Studying what remained, she filled her breakfast plate. The three women, with their children, sat in the grass to eat.

Off in the distance, the elders pretended to be looking at building plans while they gossiped.

Roesta, the oldest by two years, patted Kepra's hand. "I know it when I see it. I knew about their thing a long time ago."

Nodding, Laera pointed out how long it took."The three of us let everyone know first thing. Those three kept it hidden for so long."

Kepra shrugged. "I'm happy for them. Lucky that Wolf found it all after the previous two lovers went to the Other Side. Who won the bet on when it would happen?"

Pointing at the dining hut plans, Roesta answered, "Was close for Solari, but M'Eru won it."

Back with the breakfast crowd, Wolf faked a cough to hide her laughter.

Gabrielle patted her back. "Are you okay?"

As she studied the other warrior's expression, Xena suspiciously asked, "What did you hear?"

Wolf moved her seating between the royal couple. Keeping her chuckle light, she whispered to both of them. "There was a bet on us. Has been for quite a few years."

Gabrielle smacked the grass as she leaned forward to grab a biscuit. "Who won?"

Wolf quirked both brows. "M'Eru."

The queen found a napkin to wipe her mouth. "She's more of a spy than a guard."

Wolf turned to Xena and widened her eyes. "Guarding the royal family might create both in one Amazon."

All three watched when Larin led their other children over to the queen. "We're all going to gather the scrap wood from the builders." She leaned close to kiss her mom's cheek. She admitted with a smile, "We actually knew already. All of us are happy for you. We love you all."

When Gabrielle sat quietly, Wolf lightly rubbed her back. "You two," she said, "made great daughters." With a smile to both, she jumped up. After quick kisses to both cheeks, she gathered her dishes. With her thumb pointing north, she announced her plans for the day.

Finally alone, Xena kissed Gabrielle firmly. "Our thing might work."

The queen nodded while accepting a helping hand to stand. "Back to building our village. Once the huts that are being started are finished, the building crew has to look at the dining hut. Perfect weather cannot last forever."

Xena nodded at Gabrielle's reasoning. "Agreed. Wolf and Ephiny should be able to get enough trees."

Focusing on the village, Gabrielle pointed at the cart holding the plans. "Let's go find that dining hall."

===

A bird call announced a visitor and excitingly curious to meet any local people, Larin abandoned her wood collecting. When she caught sight of the blonde, she ran to her. Xena caught up to the youngsters as they said hello to each other. Politely, Larin smiled.

Xena studied the young blonde, who asked her quickly, "Are you Queen Gabrielle? The last woman I saw, who visited me, said I could come talk to the first woman I met, but I don't see her."

The consort slightly bowed her head. "You're Halryan, right?"

The blonde nodded, saying, "I live in Mytilene, where I help clean my family's shop."

Larin liked how Halryan's voice sounded. She wanted to hear more. She offered a conversation, "Me and my family just moved here. I help, too, like you."

The shop worker asked, "Where did you come from?"

"Amazonia." Larin smiled, remembering the forests and fields. She became lost in Halryan's eyes, thoughts of wet earth and sun-drenched grasses.

Halryan had never heard shoppers talk about it. "Do you miss it?"

"Yes, but it could be fun here, too. I might like it." Larin's eyes saw the trees and fields here. She shifted her focus and continued to look at Halryan's hazel eyes.

"I can show you fun places if your family says it's okay."

Xena let her daughter meet a possible friend. She did, though, go back to her question. "Halryan, I am not Queen Gabrielle. I will let her know that you asked about her again."

Looking around again, she asked "Are Amazons always so busy? Oh, and friends call me Hally. I want to be friends."

Larin stepped in front of her mom and said, "I will be your friend, Hally. I'm Larin." The princess glanced at her mom to see if that was all right.

Xena put a gentle hand on Larin's shoulder.

Halryan clapped her hands once, looking at Larin. "Please tell that blonde lady that I did come. I can come again, though."

"I will tell her and I hope to see you again." She looked at Hally then her mom. She stepped closer and gave the shop worker a hug. She shrugged and explained, "Amazons hug friends."

Hally hugged her back. "That's okay."

The blonde waved goodbye then started walking back to her store.

Xena kissed her daughter's cheek. "She seemed nice, but don't forget to tell Ephiny about her visit."

===

Calling out as she approached the Amazons, she saw them all, measuring and cutting. Except Ephiny. She laughed when she saw the regent hanging on a sitting sling. "Having fun, Eph?"

Ephiny rolled off her seat to land on a boulder. "Walk with me? I need to make sure the deeper trees are healthy."

The guard nodded before quickly catching up. She was studying and opening her senses to the trees. "These seem good."

Once they were far from the tree cutters, Ephiny let spill her real reason for the walk. "Did you really?"

Planting her palms on her hips, Wolf cock her head with her own question. "Really did what?"

The regent cupped the guard's head. "We knew a long time ago. Ep thought that it was a good thing before."

"I'm assuming that you heard."

Wolf was pulled into a strong hug. "Eponin saw your feelings when she first met you. She approved of them then and felt deeply blessed when you chose her. I think she would approve now."

Wolf laid her forehead on the blonde's shoulder. She said with sigh, "She did approve. Before our loving truly happened last night, her essence visited me and smiled. I will never love anyone like I did her, but Gabrielle and Xena have me good."

"Her essence?"

"Maybe because we are so close to where we were totally happy."

"You got married not far from here, right?"

Wolf nodded."Ayiasos."

"We do all belong here then." The Regent smiled at that serendipity. "I do wish you all happiness, no matter where this goes."

===

Ephiny and Wolf returned just as dinner finished cooking. They were riding  two carts burdened with logs. Taking them to the cutting area, they unfastened the horses and led them to their water. The work horses were hobbled. The two Amazon's washed their hands so they could enjoy what smelled like a good dinner.

When the regent saw the fare, she asked the cook who found the fish. Raemi cocked a thumb at the couriers. "They fished for them all. Good thing we had bread wedges."

"I heard that the dining hut is next," Ephiny said after scooping her fish and sauteed potatoes.

Wolf heard and offered to help with that project. She cut her bread and added fish. She carried it with a napkin and cup of diluted wine. Larin left the seat next to Gabrielle and Wolf thanked her with a smile before sitting on the grass. She set her food down so she could stretch her arms.

When Gabrielle started rubbing her shoulders, the guard rolled her neck. She thought of what she was going to suggest, not wanting to take the married couple for granted. The Queen, however began. "Tonight, I'm thinking that maybe Xena could rub your back. She's done mine before. Those strong hands work wonders."

Wolf had to reply, "I do remember the sounds created by them."

When the Consort accidentally spit out some food, Wolf toned down the talk. "When fighting. Her opponents always scream and grunt. Her punches hurt, I'm sure."

The twins across from them started laughing while talking secretly to each other. Wolf scratched her head and resumed eating.

After dinner, Wolf gathered everyone's plates and set them into a wooden bin of hot water. She twisted quickly at her waist. After hearing a few cracks, she squeeled when she was thrown over someone's shoulder. She assumed that her abductor was Xena. With one look down to see her riveted battle skirt, it was confirmed. She angled her arm and braced it on the other warrior's back. Opening her palm, she rested her chin on it.

Xena chuckled at besting her friend. "I've told you before, what the Queen wants, she gets."

Remembering the massage talk over dinner, the guard braced her other arm. "I can live with a little discomfort. I want you and your wife to have a good night."

Approaching the Royal Hut, Wolf glimpsed Gabrielle holding the hide for them. She patiently waited for a different position. In no time, she was standing and her weapons and armor were removed. A moment after her clothes and hidden weapons were piled, she found herself face-down on the bed. Despite her denial, Xena began rubbing her back for a whole mark. Nightfall had truly arrived and she fought against sleep.

She raised her hand to wipe away the offer for more ouzo. As comfortable with exposing herself to the two women, ever since their fist meeting, Wolf just stood and began to slowly walk around the room before sitting on a high-backed wooden chair opposite of her friends. She was about to tell them her plans to sleep outside until her hut was built, but Gabrielle put a block on it.

"We want you to stay with us. Unless there comes a time for something else." The queen and her consort had discussed the offer when Wolf went north.

Before Wolf could turn down the offer, Xena spoke. "I trust you with our lives, our children's lives. You can always go somewhere else if you find someone else to love. Stay with us."

The couple sat on the bed, facing Wolf. They simply just looked at her.

Looking at them, Wolf had to rub her thighs together.

Seeing that, Xena began to undress her wife and laid her down on top of the blanket. Gabrielle bit her lip as she watched her wife get ready for bed. When the warrior joined her, they met with deep kisses and tender touches. They looked up to see the guard watching them. They never waved her over, letting it all be her choice.

They continued occasionally looking at her. When their kisses slowed, but their hands did not, they started watching her. They saw her lick her lips when Xena's fingers wandered between Gabrielle's thighs.

The bard played their story bravely. She spread her legs to remind Wolf of what she had done last night. Her fingers joined her wife's playing before slipping her middle finger easily in. She offered Xena a taste then watched Wolf spread her legs to mirror the image enticing her. She could only look for a second before retrieving a tool from her armor.

The couple on the bed continued to watch as their lover spread her legs. They were left breathless when the guard slipped a blunt tool into her mouth to wet it and slid it slowly between her legs, where it disappeared. Wolf stopped to adjust her seating, to be comfortable and to have a good angle from which to see.

The women opposite each other began mirroring strokes and sounds. Xena raised up and leaned back against the headboard. Her own desires began to cry out to her. Remembering Gabrielle pumping Wolf's fingers in and out of her, the warrior could no longer resist. Not one or two, but three fingers found a cozy task.

Seeing that, Wolf buried her phallas as deep as she could get it. Gabrielle groaned out before rolling to her knees to taste her wife. She was sure to expose herself, which was rewarded with the feeling of a wet phallus entering her sex.

She moaned against Xena's clit. That had her wife lifting faster to her fingers and the loving mouth between her thighs. Gabrielle's moan climbed higher in pitch as Wolf's strokes came faster. Her head and mouth were pulled closer by Xena's hand. Wolf stopped and moved closer to say to both, "If you don't like this, let me know and I'll stop."

Looking at Xena, as all motion had stopped, she moved even closer to kiss the warrior then the bard. She resumed her strokes slowly as she began kissing down Gabrielle's back. The other two waited, watched and felt a surge of arousal when Wolf nibbled on the queens's firm ass.

"You can touch it now, all you want."

Hearing the desire in her voice, Wolf inserted her phallas a couple of more times. Gabrielle leaned forward into Xena to kiss her.

Wolf, with a steady hand withdrew to tease Gabrielle higher. When the queen scooted lower and her backside raised, Wolf took that as approval. She slowly and gently inserted her phallus. Xena caught her hand and pulled her forward. The motion earned her not only a kiss, but the feeling of Gabrielle's ass pressed against her mound, which held the phallus in.

Hearing a sound never heard from her Queen, Wolf backed off. Then Xena grasped her again, pulling her into Gabrielle.

"She likes that," Xena said. She repeatedly released and pulled the guard's strong arms. After so many times, Gabrielle was thrusting back. Her vocals were loud, but muffled on her wife's mound. Xena was able to swallow her own cry of pleasure.

When they were done, Wolf reached down to spread her labia to give her clitorus free room to rub on Gabrielle's quivering ass. Her own orgasm started as a howl until she fell to the side and bury her face in the bed.

Once they were calm and quiet, Wolf rolled off of her lovers to get a towel linen. Easily, she pulled her phallus free and wrapped it with the towel for a later washing. She laid down and looked at her lovers. All she said was one word to Gabrielle's earlier offer. "Yes."

She was buried by warmth and drowning love. Holding Xena's hand, she rolled to slowly and deeply kiss her Queen. "I do love you, Gabrielle. I have loved you for a long time"

Xena lowered to lay on the mattress. She signaled for Wolf to come closer. The Consort just looked at the guard. She didn't wait long. Wolf lowered her face to kiss the Consort. With a lengthy kiss, she said, "I love you, too, Xena." She watched the married couple kiss. She sat up and ran gentle fingers down their thighs.

The queen could no longer not ask. "Since when have you had your..."

"Toy." Wolf smiled. "I've had it since we really started sparring years ago."

Gabrielle caught her breath and felt a little more awake. "Kendra picked a new one up for us." Gabrielle got out of bed to retrieve it. She showed her lovers the new toy. Slightly curved and of rigid ivory, she watched as she turned it over in her hand. "Do you like?"

The two warriors only watched as the queen just turned it.

Wanting a better response, Gabrielle began sliding it against her wetness. "I like it just simply like this."

To see better, Wolf slid closer to Xena. She whispered a suggestion, "Put it in and let us know how that feels." She was already stroking herself. Xena's fingers, two, entered Wolf's wetness. They began to mimic Gabrielle's penetration with the ivory toy. The toy was slowly pushed in then pulled out. She doubled the end stroking of the pulling motion. The curved end pleased her.

She stood against the wall to watch Xena and Wolf. They slowly rubbed each other before the guard penetrated her wife. She started breathing heavier when she saw two then three fingers stroke slowly. A fourth was added then removed after a few strokes. She and Wolf watched the consort's reactions. The last finger teased then slowly began to penetrate lower.

Both Gabrielle and Xena gasped. The consort started deeply riding all four fingers. When Wolf put her tongue to work down there, licking and pressing down, the tall warrior used her strong legs to force her body lower.

Xena's orgasm created holes in the sheets. She opened her fists and released the linen.

"And?" Xena took a while to breathe.

Gabrielle collapsed onto the bed, holding the new toy. "Kendra made a great choice." She had explained the red walled shop in Myteline. "She named it 'Lesbian's Pleasure'."

Xena asked, "Did she mention if that shop hand straps or harnesses?" The other two women looked at her with surprise.

Gabrielle kissed her wife's arm and asked, "For you, to be used on or by?"

"For all of us, both ways."

The Queen thought briefly before saying, "Wolf, I did like that earlier, with your toy. I'd like to do it again."

"Be sure to put lubricant on that shopping list." The Consort was thinking of comfort.

Wolf raised a finger. "Noted. Our first Lesbian's Pleasure shopping list."

Continued in The Way of Generations

Please leave feed-back. Email ztami@hotmail.com

 

Bard's Page 

Back to the Academy