Impulse: Book Two

IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING

 
"Impulse: A sudden inclination or urge"
The American Heritage dictionary

By Mezzo

"This is Book Two in my series called Impulse.

If you haven't read Book One: AFTER ALL IS SAID, you might want to start there."

DISCLAIMERS: (see INSTALLMENT ONE)

Copyright © 2002 by Mezzo All Rights Reserved

Visit and join http://groups.msn.com/MezzosMelodramas for installment previews.

Comments and feedback are welcome at mezzosmelodramas@msn.com.

*****************************************************************************************

 

INSTALLMENT FOURTEEN

INSTALLMENT FIFTEEN

"Gosh, I love your Dad. He's amazing." Brett snuggled deeper into Tori's arms lost in the security that she always felt in Tori's strong embrace.

"Yes he is. I don't know what I'd do without him. He has always tried to be the best father he could be. Especially since our mom couldn't be here to raise us.

Tori and Brett stayed in place looking at the stars. Contented to enjoy each other's company. Tori inhaled the smell of Brett's shampoo and let out a happy sigh.

"You see that star over there?" Tori pointed to one over to the left.

Brett turned in Tori's arms and Tori embraced her from behind. "Mm hmm..." Brett nodded gazing at the star that Tori had pointed at, lost in the love that she felt radiating from Tori.

"When we were apart, I used to talk to that star and pretend it was my mom's." Tori wrapped her arms even tighter around Brett and rested her head on Brett's shoulder.

"I used to tell her how much I loved you and how much I desperately needed you in my life. I think she heard my prayers and helped bring us together." Tori looked up at the star and a smile came to her face.

Brett snuggled even closer and wrapped her arms around Tori's looking at the star as well. "If you're listening Mom I'd like to thank you for bringing Tori back to me. I love her with all my heart and I promise to do everything I can to make her happy." The two watched in wonder as a shooting star chose that moment to streak across the sky.

"I think she heard you." Tori whispered into Brett's ear. Turning Brett around, they stared deeply into each other's eyes, a look of contentment evident on both their faces. The two were so overwhelmed by the moment they both had tears in their eyes.

"I love you Brett. I love you so much." Both sets of arms swept around each other and with all the love that they felt in their hearts, they conveyed in a kiss.

*******

Like Cinderella, the time had come to say goodnight. It was nine ten and Tori needed to go to the Hull estate to meet her brother, Ian.

"Brett, honey, it's time for me to go." Tori moved Brett's hair away from her eyes and glanced down at the face that she loved.

"I know. I guess we've put off the inevitable long enough. Thank you for coming with me today. I've really had a wonderful day and an unforgettable weekend. I love you." Brett reached up and wrapped her arms around Tori ‘s neck.

"I love you too. What are your plans for the week? Do you teach tomorrow?" Tori inquired trying to figure out when they could get together next.

"Actually I won't be back to school until the 19th. We're still out for the holidays. Since Grammy and Grampy our going to be here for awhile, I'd like to spend some time with them." Brett ran her finger through Tori's hair and massaged her scalp and neck.

"That feels great. You're going to get me so relaxed I won't be able to stay awake for my meeting with Ian." Tori closed her eyes and enjoyed the feel of Brett's fingers.

"I don't suppose you'd be up for some company after your meeting tonight? Then I could finish massaging the rest of you." Brett knew she was pushing it, but she really couldn't help herself.

Tori tried to estimate how long the meeting would take, the time she would have to get up, if they spent the night together they probably wouldn't do much sleeping. It was definitely a bad idea. "Okay. How ‘bout I come by when I'm done."

Geez Tori that's quite a bit of will power you're displaying.

Shut up. I want this.

Yeah well you're gonna regret it in the morning.

Am not.

Are Too.

Shut up.

You said that already.

Well obviously, you didn't hear me the first time.

Brett watched in amusement as Tori stood there having some kind of internal battle with herself. She couldn't hear what she was thinking but she knew something was going on.

"Tori, honey, if this is going to be a problem for you it's okay. I know you have to be up early." Brett took Tori's hand and ran her lips against her knuckles.

Uh, what she does to me. Tell me you don't want her.

I never said I didn't want her it's just I hate feeling tired. Ooh what is she doing with those lips? Look at those eyes, that skin, what I'd like to do to those...

Excuse me, so are we in agreement?

Yeah screw sleep. Who needs it? It's very over rated.

Excellent, I thought you'd see it my way.

Well don't keep the girl waiting....

"Tori, are you okay? You keep fading out on me sweetie." Brett had never seen Tori like this before.

"No, I'm fine. I'm just deciding what's the best plan that's all. It's a mental thing." Tori hoped that was enough of an explanation.

"So why don't I just give you a call tomorrow." Brett really didn't want to put Tori out.

"No." Tori responded a little too loudly. "I'll be over just as soon as I can. I want to see you." She said in a calmer tone. Tori stepped closer to Brett and kissed her soundly. "Does that convince you that I want to see you?

"Oh yeah, I believe you. How bout I come over and that way you won't have to run around in the morning. Then we can have breakfast together and I can see you off." Brett hoped this would alleviate some of the tension.

"Hmm, I knew there was a reason I fell in love with you. Okay, I'll call you when I think I'm close to being finished. How does that sound?"

"Perfect." Brett led Tori to the front door. "I love you. I'll see you in a bit."

"Yeah, me to. Have a good time with your family. I'll see you later." A quick kiss, Tori headed for the car then turned right back around again.

Brett laughed as she watched Tori come right back. "Did you forget something, honey?"

Tori had the most adorable look on her face. "No, I just didn't like that kiss. I think we can do better. Don't you?" Without waiting for an answer, Tori swept Brett in her arms and kissed her in a way that was more suited to her liking. Once finished, she stepped back and watched the effect she had on Brett.

A dazed Brett staggered back in wonder. "O-kay.... well I'm glad you cleared that up. I'm going to go inside now." Brett turned and unceremoniously walked into the front door. "Oops... I guess it helps if you open it first." Without another word, she went back in.

Tori laughed at Brett as she turned to go back to the car.

"Well girl. You still got it .....you Heartbreaker." Tori laughed remembering Brett's nickname for her.

TO BE CONTINUED. Installment Sixteen


Return to Academy

 

Impulse: Book Two

IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING